Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 vRide options

zaphod

Hi,

i am currently thinking of buying a new 2009 vRide. Does anyone here know whether the following options will be available for the 2009 vRide series:

• bow ballast
  • hammerhead engine
  • ballast monitoring system

My dealer in Germany can't tell me by now, so i thought i might get an answer here.

TIA,

Tom

Edited by zaphod

:unsure: , i could go without the ballast monitoring system, but without integrated bow ballast?... Dontknow.gif

How hard is it to integrate this myself or would a dealer do this as an addon?

It seems like if the 09 vride is the 08 and 07 vlx and lsv then the bow ballast and monitoring sys. would be an option. I know it is not an option on the prior years but the new ride's are the old bread and butter. Let us know what you find out.

Edited by txwakejunkie
It's a totally different deck mold, You're going to have to break out the fatsacs

I saw that, it looks like they're even using the old windshield that has the break in the corner. Sounds like they're really going after a price point & at the same time widening the gap between the V-ride & VLX.

It's a totally different deck mold, You're going to have to break out the fatsacs

So the 2009 vRide shares the hull with the 05-08 VLX but not the deck?

What does "to break out the fatsacs" exactly mean in this context (sorry, i am not a native speaker...)? What would have to be done to integrate a bow ballast system in the MLS of the new vRide?

Thanks again,

Tom

It means that you'll have to think outside the box on getting the sacks plumbed, or deal with having them on the seats & floor. Not having the monitoring system means that you wouldn't have to try to integrate with that, but it just means that you'll have to be creative in how you get weight up front. That boat needs weight up front too (my opinion), so you're going to want it.

to "break out" in "break out the fatsacks" was ment like to "break out" in "break out another thousand", right?

Having ridden behind a 2006 VLX quite a lot, i sure know that bow ballast will definitly needed. Still, i have to get used to the thought that the first thing after buying a dedicated wakebaordboat will be to start changing it to meet my needs :unsure:

Whatever, the integrated bow sack by ProX-Sacks with some hoses an couplings will get this job done. Thumbup.gif

to "break out" in "break out the fatsacks" was ment like to "break out" in "break out another thousand", right?

Having ridden behind a 2006 VLX quite a lot, i sure know that bow ballast will definitly needed. Still, i have to get used to the thought that the first thing after buying a dedicated wakebaordboat will be to start changing it to meet my needs :unsure:

Whatever, the integrated bow sack by ProX-Sacks with some hoses an couplings will get this job done. Thumbup.gif

Haha yes, isn't that always the case? :lol: Of course you could always look for a well maintained used boat that's already set up. Whistling.gif

Of course you could always look for a well maintained used boat that's already set up. Whistling.gif

Haha, i know of one which is just a little beyond my limit and is - sadly enough - located way off my neighborhood ;)

I'm guessing you have been talking about the 21 v-ride, but if by chance you wanted to move up to the 23 it looks like you can get the integrated bow ballast. I also think I see the BMS on this one. so it looks like you may be able to get the 23 with more options than the 21.

gallery_6_44_321975.jpg

Edited by PDR447

sorry, Bow Ballast is not listed on the dealer options sheet, It is simply not there.

The Picture is indeed a 23 Vride, I'm sure it's a preproduction mule

sorry, Bow Ballast is not listed on the dealer options sheet, It is simply not there.

Been looking at the 09 vRide myself. It does show midship ballast, not sure it has the same effect as a true bow ballast though. Never had a midship ballast, would it be worth while on this hull or should I just look at putting a sac up front?

Thanks, Mark

Midship is not the same. Mid is a tank in the middle of the boat (under the floor in the walkway) & has been standard on the VLX/V-Ride for some time now. The bow tank is completely different/separate that is located in the bow under the seats, & IMO is needed on this hull. IMO, you need both, but they're 2 different things entirely.

is there a bow ballast option on the 23 vride?

I saw that, it looks like they're even using the old windshield that has the break in the corner. Sounds like they're really going after a price point & at the same time widening the gap between the V-ride & VLX.

The MSRP on the '09 vride is $44,900 with tandem trailer. Not bad.

$5000 more, 6" longer, 4" wider, & 500 lbs heavier. I think it will be a much nicer boat than the older Vride, but it seems like a step in the wrong direction. I would have guessed same size or smaller, lighter, less expensive, more economical.

Time will tell.

$5000 more, 6" longer, 4" wider, & 500 lbs heavier. I think it will be a much nicer boat than the older Vride, but it seems like a step in the wrong direction. I would have guessed same size or smaller, lighter, less expensive, more economical.

Time will tell.

But much less than a '08 VLX which had an MSRP of $58,095 without a trailer. Should put a lot of price pressure on '06 thur '08 used VLXs.

I still want a ride version of the VTX!!