Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 23 LSV - Power Wedge Switch Operation While on Trailer

I noticed that my Power Wedge was not in the non-deployed (fully up) position upon trailering last week. Because I was told that the transmission had to be in forward before the Power Wedge could be lifted (as a safety feature), I attempted to lift the wedge by shifting the transmission from neutral to forward and pressing the switch while the boat was still on the trailer (before launching last night). The only way I could get the Wedge to lift was by placing the transmission in reverse.

I called the Malibu Dealer and they informed me that the transmission being engaged is not the key but that the paddle wheel (link to the speedometer) needs to be turning as the boat moves through the water. Reverse was the only thing that worked while on the trailer because while motionless the reverse wash from the prop moved the paddle wheel. A side note was that if your gauge does not accurately read the position of the wedge - you can reset the gauge by raising and lowering the Power Wedge fully 3 times while idling forward.

Does this match general wisdom out there?

Sounds about right...one other thing to try - IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER PERSON HANDY - instead of putting the boat into reverse, just turn the ignition on, and have someone climb under the boat and spin the paddle wheel with their hand while someone in the boat presses the switch.

those are the only two ways that you can get it to move up. You can also reset it on the trailer if you do what bdjohonson suggested and have somebody spin the paddle wheel. The trick is to keep it going at a consistent speed and not to fast either or it won't go up.