Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GOOD HIGH END BAD LOW END? 325 monsoon

dntbrngmedwn

Here's what i'm dealing with start to finish.(please take the time to read it) i get the boat off the trailer, it fires right up, idle out a little ways to get things situated... (5 min.) come back to the dock get my passengers and idle out of the no wake zone. maybe 15 min. altogether... when i go to take off I bog down, put it in nuetral still bogging (i ran my blower the whole time to avoid vapor lock). i lift the engine cover jiggle spark plug wire #1 and let it sit for while.. take off again and i am good to go. i tow and haul a** across the lake with no problem. but if i shut the boat off, i have a good chance of losing power again. so i have to open the cover jiggle wire #1 and hope for the best. but if i m pulling and not under a load i am good to go for the most part, somtimes i loose power just like that, no warning. then, if i load the ballast and flip the wedge, i can't pull at low rpms (surf speed) w/o bogging and dying. absoulutely no POWER when i am pulling a surfer, lots of smoke(sometimes) and i have to have it floored to reach 2700 rpm's. i replaced the plugs, new rear fuel filter. i want to do new wires and a new cap&rotor but any suggestions would help b/c i really dont know exactly what is wrong and i would really like to be able to surf. HELP ME!!

First off, I doubt running the blower does anything for vapor lock. It's a condition inside the fuel line caused by high engine compartment temps ( hot day, hot engine, stop for a minute, heat soak, engine turns over but doesn't restart ). The blower might cool off the compartment temps slightly. But you'd be better off just opening the engine cover.

Second, if wiggling the plug wires does any good, replace them. Pull the wire & recrimp the connector if you can't afford new wires. Check the post on the plugs is in good shape.

Third, replace the wires, cap & rotor ASAP.

Third, replace the wires, cap & rotor ASAP.

Absolutely the best thing you can do. If jiggling your #1 plug wire helps, then its not too far fetched to believe that is the problem.

I think there have been about 3 posts with boats bogging down over the past 2 weeks, I think all of them were cured with what should be an annual maintenance item, cap and rotor. They cost $20ish from skidim I have two sitting in my basement for next spring already.

-Chris

You might also consider replacing the spark plug on #1 to make sure that it is not part of the problem.

I'm having a similar problem with my '08 Vride but it is only when we're surfing and the cruise is on. It doesn't happen often but when it does, I take off to pull the rider up and there is very little power and he cruise never beeps to reach it's set speed. I stop, put the boat in neutral, turn the cruise off then on again and it's good to go and doesn't happen again. This issue may occur once every third time we go out. I talked to the dealer today and he has no idea what the problem is.

Any ideas?????