Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

centurion boats look like malibus?

greenworks

I haven't seen a whole lot of boats on our lake besides the usual bu's, mastercrafts, natiques but he centrion (sp?) have been showing up lots and this past weekend there was one that looks exactly like a vlx including the illusion tower and exact bimini or at least very very close to my eye. What gives can't anyone get there own ideas anymore. I drove at this boat thinking it was a friend of mines mailbu only to get looked at funny when it wasn't him, I stumbled for my camera but my wife took the batteries down to low taking videos of the kids swimming and playing etc.

Edited by greenworks

the towers ironically enough are made by metcraft just like the illusion x for the malibu. Even the board racks mount the same. That has a lot to do with it, and not to mention that centurions are also made in merced where they can spy on malibu production Whistling.gif . just kidding. the towers are the same though, as far as spying who knows.

Well, with the way that the noses of Malibu's have started drooping in the last few years, they've started looking a lot like Centurions. Not as big a droop, but very similar.

I've never liked Centurions, only because of the droopy nose. I hope Malibu's don't get as bad as them.

We had a double take this weekend also, i was surfing and my wife says "check out the colors on that malibu". I turned to look and could tell that something was off about it Dontknow.gif . After looking for a min or two, i could see that it was a Centurion but at first glance they do look like wannabebu's. Whistling.gif

I happened to drive by a Centurion dealer in Goodlettsville TN (suburb of Nashville) yesterday. We do not have a centurion dealer in KC. I was pretty surprised to see a boat that looked awful close to my LSV in black and blue (mine is red and black). It was different for sure, but the similarity in color pattern especially was striking.

JMO but who cares if they are copying the 'bu. Souldn't it make you happy that the boat you bought is so good that other boats are copying it? Just a random rant. Maybe someone can give me an arguement that will convince me that it is bad.