Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

going down to choose colors for my vtx

Nicvtx

hi crew i would just like some advice for choosing the exterior colors and interior colors , l am leaning towards dark blue and black are there any things i should worry about like in the interior getting marked and all that sort of stuff. i have to choose it this saturday down at g.r.e marine in sydney australia and lm a bit nervous about choosing the right one because it is totally custom interior and exterior wise

i bought my first malibu at the sydney international boat show 31/7/08

Edited by boat1956

Blue and Black are Very NICE! You will need to do a whole lot of wiping with the dark colors, but it is worth it in my opinion. The interior is tougher though, if you go with any dark colors for the primary or secondary colors they can burn the heck out of any exposed skin. I think that my next boats interior is going to be almost all white with just a few accent of color.

Good Luck

Joe

Blue and Black are Very NICE! You will need to do a whole lot of wiping with the dark colors, but it is worth it in my opinion. The interior is tougher though, if you go with any dark colors for the primary or secondary colors they can burn the heck out of any exposed skin. I think that my next boats interior is going to be almost all white with just a few accent of color.

Good Luck

Joe

Plus1.gif I made this comment just last weekend. I would do just piping in a color

One color scheme I would consider would be all white hull with dark and light accents, light gray interior not sure exactly how all the colors would lay out, but I think with the wakesetter in gray that would look cool and really easy to keep clean. It may be plain to some people, but simple sometimes looks good.

It would always look clean also Thumbup.gif Just my $.02 :)

does light graphite get too hot?

We have light graphite in our boat and although it is better then the darker colors it is still much, much hotter than the white.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Do you know how does moombeam go on temp?

Yes, it's lighter than light graphite, & I believe that it's the lightest of the gray tones. If it were me, I'd order an all white interior & make the bead a dark accent to match the color scheme. I don't think that slider would go for that though, so I think that we'd end up with some very minimal accents with moonbeam. The bead IMO should be dark though.

If you don't want to spend all your spare time cleaning your interior I'd go with as much darker color as posible. I'd put towels down on the seats if the heat is a problem. All white would be a PITA. Mine is moonbeam with white outers, I'm constantly cleaning the white.

thanks everyone who wrote i think i might have to go with the main a darker color and the rest lighter i dont mind putting a towel down on the seats like 06vlx said lm just going with it cause it looks nicer