Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ganked up my tower

I was tied up with a buddy's boat on Sunday and had a little incident. His boat is quite a bit taller than mine and when a large wave came by, it bounced the boats together. The bumpers that we had in place did not help for this one. So, his rub rail came down hard on the little Malibu logo on the side of my tower. It popped it down about an inch or so, destroying one of the screws that holds the logo in. The logo got slightly bent, but more importantly, there is a small hole in the tower base now about the size of a dime.

Should I be concerned with this? Did it weaken the structural integrity of the tower? Could water get into it and cause damage? Also, I think the Illusion X tower is aluminum, so I'm not concerned with rust, but I'm not sure of that. You can't really tell it is there unless you are looking for it and I don't want to spend the money on the repair. I'm assuming it wont be cheap.

Any input would be appreciated.

If it were me I would probably use my insurance to have it fixed if it bothers you, but pictures would be nice to see what actually happened and where the exact location is :)

If it were me I would probably use my insurance to have it fixed if it bothers you, but pictures would be nice to see what actually happened and where the exact location is :)

Yes, I was planning on taking some but forgot. My dealer asked for them as well to see how bad it was.