Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Deal or No Deal

mw23LSV

Hey you all, I am looking to buy a 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV for $54,000.

Brand New boat with ton of extras; bimini, Illusion XS Tower, Speaker package 2, ballast system,

transem remote, boat cover, and more. Is this a good deal? Any current owners of this boat out there that can give me a review?

Thank you!

Edited by mw23LSV
MalibuNation
Hey you all, I am looking to buy a 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV for $54,000.

Brand New boat with ton of extras; bimini, Illusion XS Tower, Speaker package 2, ballast system,

transem remote, boat cover, and more. Is this a good deal? Any current owners of this boat out there that can give me a review?

We mainly want to use the boat for wakesurfing.

Thank you!

On the surface it sounds real good. Trailer? Engine?

Sounds like a hell of a deal. I assume this is without trailer. What state are you in and is the dealer going out of business? The only time I have seen this boat offered anywhere near this price is from dealers that are closing shop.

Assuming without trailer and with monsoon engine, that is a good deal.

If it has trailer then it is a really good deal.

If it has HH, don't post where it is or it will be gone before you get there!

So... where did you say this boat was at? :) FYI, that is only $6K more than I bought a 07 Vride for. I'd be all over that in a heartbeat! Depends on some options too.

That is a VERY good deal. It's so good I'd be leery that something fishy is going on (boat was damaged, or god-knows-what)...If all is legit, buy it tomorrow and know that you probably got the best deal in the history of the Malibu world...For reference, my boat sounds pretty similar with some options you didn't mention (carpet insert, stainless steel exhaust, bow cushion, dual axle trailer, etc - all minor) and I paid $64K, which I thought was a pretty good deal, until I saw your thread... Cry.gif

Mike

MalibuNation

I almost thought it was too good to be true ... as long as it has the monsoon (which you said it has) I'd go for it. I almost asked you where it was located it was such a good deal!

Thank you for all of your imput, I will be picking the boat up Friday morning.

And it is brand new. We took the boat out for a demo and that is the only time the boat has been driven.

We are excited and looking forward to our boating fun.

That is a hell of a deal! Where at in Cali? I just picked one up for 62 and thought I got a deal. Congrats on the boat. What color is it?

I have seen two 2007 247's sell this week for the the low 60's - one was new. If anyone else knows of killer deals on 23's or 247 (07 or 08) let me know. That makes a total of three 2008 23LSV's I have seen sell for under 60k this summer - mostly from dealer's closing shop. The colors and or distance have so far kept me from buying so far. It is kind of annoying that the margins on these boats vary so much - I understand the need to support the local dealers - but if they don't have what you are looking for and difference from a 08 to an 09 is 10k - what do you do?

these prices are making me feel better about what i paid for my boat in 07, atleast there not a huge gap in there.....

CONGRATS