Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

IAC?

dntbrngmedwn

I was reading in one of the forums , one of the guys was having the same problem with his boat that i am having w/mine and he was told to try spraying some carb cleaner in the IAC. what the heck is that? I just hope i don't sound to dumb, but it is small price to pay if this fixes my problem. thanks alot

IAC is an idle air control valve. On an electronically controlled engine, it is a valve that lets air in the engine when the butterfly valve is fully closed (throttle in idle position). It regulates the idle speed, accounts for engine temps (higher RPM when enfgine is warming up, etc.), altitudes, etc.

On a car, it could be located anywhere along the intake plenum. On your boat, assuming it is fuel injected, I would imagine it is somewhere in the throttle body assembly.

Edited by rts
Its a 2000 sunsettter so its a monsoon? not for sure. made by indmar though

the year of the boat doesn't mean it is a monsoon. It could be a 310 carburetor motor or an EFI monsoon or hammerhead.

If your motor is a carb, you don't have an IAC.

If your motor is EFI you do have an IAC located below the air filter/spark arrester.

-Chris

I was reading in one of the forums , one of the guys was having the same problem with his boat that i am having w/mine and he was told to try spraying some carb cleaner in the IAC. what the heck is that? I just hope i don't sound to dumb, but it is small price to pay if this fixes my problem. thanks alot
Take off air filter/spark arrestor, spray a little carb cleaner in, let sit a few mins. start engine, spray in a little more, look to see if butterfly opens, rev engine couple times to warm up to normal operating temp., If butterfly is not fully open spray a little more, some people will move the butterfly manually to work the cleaner in. If this doesn't work to open the butterfly ,then you could have other problems ( IAC motor, sensors, even ECM).