Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hyperlite Bleeding

tgaugh

This is similar to the vinyl staining from the defective Hyperlite boards, but different. I just received a new board from buywake.com, who has been great to me in the past. The board I received was defective, and it was from an older batch that missed whatever lacquer bake step was necessary. Needless to say it bled all over me, the kitchen island, my doors - everything I touched after I opened it. I quickly called buywake and the csrep explain it happens all the time just spray windex on it and it should be ok. Mad.gif I knew that was BS as I read denjoe's pain and a handful of peeps from here and W$R. So I called Hyperlite and explained the issue. This is where it got weird.

byerly_bleeding.jpg

The csrep on the phone put me on hold and grabbed a manager. I explained it again and she says "no, windex can't help you, if it is bleeding now it will bleed forever". I was ask her what to do with it and she asks "do you have a saw?". I was so worried, but we proceeded to saw my new board in half! She explained I could ship it as is, and wait for inspection and then ship a new one, or I can saw it now with her, send a pic for records and she'll send me another one today!

I was so worried that she was quitting her job today and having me saw my new board in half as a parting joke and leaving me hanging!

So Hyperlite 2nd day aired me a brand new board, I just got it fedex today. I was so pleased with the customer service there. I called buywake to let them know they have defective boards. Their statement was "we're sorry that they sold us a bad board in which we sold you a bad board". I was shocked, I mean that means they have more! But the Hyperlite manager later told me they would contact buywake and let them know about the gear.

Anyway, hat's off to Hyperlite / HO Sports!!!! Two day turn around, that's how you handle a customer!

Yahoo.gif

Good to hear that Hyperlite/HO took care of you. I would have been nervous as well about cutting the board in half.

But I have to ask....what kind of saw did you use to get a cut like that?

Yeah I saw that coming, I'm not that guy with the tools. I cut it one way, REAL HARD BTW, and then I cut from the other side. Then I stood it up against my garage and kicked it until it gave. The damn things are tough!

Seriously though, I expect the lashings, the only power tools I use are the keys under my paws right now that I am clacking on!

One upside of the deal is they didn't want anything back so I got a free set of .8 Pwings for spare from the first board! Biggrin.gif

Let me get this straight. All you have to do is call Hyperlite, 'tell' them you have a broken board, and saw it in half so they have records that you 'damaged' your board? As tremendous as that is as a conveinence factor for us, something tells me I or anyone with some computer skills could photoshop a wakeboard and make it look like it was sawed in half.

Disclaimer: I'm an honest person and will not be doing this.

I think it would be better for Hyperlite to pick up the shipping cost of each board a customer has to send back. This would be too easy (yet very unethical) to get a free board. I would suggest not posting this topic on other sites, too many clever people out there.....

Man, I know how you feel. When I noticed a hairline crack in my KD 7000, I called KD and they told me that they had some issues with that year's ski. She told me to pull off the bindings and snap the ski in half and send it to them. I about cried when I broke it. KD gave me a $400 credit for a new ski ( only paid $400 for the ski 5 years earlier ), and a new ski at a discount. Gotta love companies that stand behind their product.

HO -

There was a little bit more control there. The boards come with sticker on them with the QA date/time and personnel, it also has a job# and press op# so they know when it was completed by whom and where it went. This also tells them whether or not you could have a board from a defective batch based on this info. Having the correct combo of numbers/dates alone determine whether the persone reporting is a fake.

I will say I was leery #1) that they had me do it. #2) I was even more impressed that they sent it out so willingly, I thought of people 'shopping pictures, but at the same time I realized that I answered all the questions correctly in order to get a new one.

Ahh, that makes a little more sense. Although I think we can safely say no one would try to use your board. Thats a one of a kind cut :)

Great svc, I'm glad they took care of you.

As a side note: I'd leave the fins off, put bindings on the two halves, and try to ski on them! (make sure you get pictures)

All,

I just got off of the phone with Hyperlite, they are changing their bottom material for their 06' line which will be out in a month or so. She recommended that I wait to swap mine out until then due to their lack of confidence in the 05' line.

I feel bad for them as a company because I am sure they have outsourced the manufacturing of the boards. I am confident in HO/Hyperlites products and am sure they will get it resolved. So, in the meantime she is shipping me a boardbag to store my 05' in so I can continue to use it for the next month.

Joe

I wish they did that with mine, I am still waiting on it and sent my old board back 2 weeks ago.  Cry.gif

I am surprised you have to wait so long. I had a friend in my boat that had a bleeding State board. They sent me the pink cleaning stuff overnight to clean the blue and got him his replacement board in 2 days. Maybe you should give them a follow up call.

Nothing is outsourced as far as boards, bindings, or ropes by HL/Accurate. Its all in house. They probably haven't started pressing that model for next year yet (IE mold isn't done, all supplies aren't in house yet, eetc).

All,

I just got off of the phone with Hyperlite, they are changing their bottom material for their 06' line which will be out in a month or so.  She recommended that I wait to swap mine out until then due to their lack of confidence in the 05' line. 

I feel bad for them as a company because I am sure they have outsourced the manufacturing of the boards.  I am confident in HO/Hyperlites products and am sure they will get it resolved.  So, in the meantime she is shipping me a boardbag to store my 05' in so I can continue to use it for the next month.

Joe

Thats what they get for switching from Made in US to Made in Taiwan Mad.gif

Glad to hear that you guys are being taken care of.

Someone said it earlier, try to get any CS from Liquid Force......not going to happen. Thats why so many dealers don't carry there product anymore.

Tgaugh:

Remember my dad is a television repair man and he has an ultimate set of tools.

I'll trade a six pack or bottle of whatever for the broken board....

A little clear coat to stop the bleeding and I'll have a wicked andorondak chair...

Or better yet, do you still have the o'brien custom lying around?

Let me know

Dave

Edited by RoverOn