Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Pump Pressure

I THINK the efi model fuel pressure is 60 lbs and the carb model fuel pressure is 8 lbs. Dontknow.gif

Maybe someone else can confirm this for you also.

I measured it once and I don't remember exactly but, I think it was around 43 psi.

oh wait, wait, wait.....here's THE BOOK and right on pg. 104 it says 35-47 psi depending on engine load and speed. Well, whattyaknow?

I measured it once and I don't remember exactly but, I think it was around 43 psi.

oh wait, wait, wait.....here's THE BOOK and right on pg. 104 it says 35-47 psi depending on engine load and speed. Well, whattyaknow?

You have to be careful with some of the info in that Clymer's Manual. Some of it is just plain wrong and much of it is not accurate. Nobody from Indmar had anything to do with that Manual. We had offered to help edit it to ensure accuracy but I guess the publisher didn't think that was important. Anyway, the fuel pressure of the system changed a few years ago. If you have a 2007 or newer boat, it has the fuel pump in the fuel tank and the pressure is 60 PSI. If you have a 2006 or older boat and it has a silver colored fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator is mounted on the fuel pump bracket and does not have a vacuum line attached to it, the fuel pressure is 60PSI. If the fuel pump is silver or black and the fuel pressure regulator is on the fue rail or mounted near the pump and has a vacuum line attached to it, the fuel pressure is 40-45 psi at key-up engine off.