Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sounds... Not sure if something is outta whack or not

OK, so we'll start with I think this is from the drive shaft, or prop or something. When I dry turn the prop by hand, I get that sound like if you ran a clean wet finger around a wine glass. Sounds like it needs to be lubed, where the propshaft comes through the brace before the blade, but I don't know where or if it's supposed to be.

When cruising at speed in a straight line, everything is good, but as soon as I start to turn, and put the driveline under load, it seems to make a real loud sound akin to something stressing that shouldn't be. I don't know how to explain it, but it just doesn't feel right.

Sound like anything common?

-Keith

Should make that sound outta the water.

As for the on the water sound, does it vibrate or anything or just make a sound?

When it's in the water, it just makes the sound like somethings binding. I'm thinking it could be normal but not sure. In a straight line, all is great. Moreso with the new prop on it. Very smooth, and lots more holeshot. I'm happy with the ACME 537.

We took the boat out for early morning runs on Rollins Lake Sunday morning, and it was real nice. At any speed in a straigh line, the boat was smooth, quiet, and ran great. But still when turning, it just starts to get loud. No change in sound from the motor, just probably the sound of the water causing more force on the drive line & rudder?

-Keith

Should make that sound outta the water.

As for the on the water sound, does it vibrate or anything or just make a sound?

When it's in the water, it just makes the sound like somethings binding. I'm thinking it could be normal but not sure. In a straight line, all is great. Moreso with the new prop on it. Very smooth, and lots more holeshot. I'm happy with the ACME 537.

We took the boat out for early morning runs on Rollins Lake Sunday morning, and it was real nice. At any speed in a straigh line, the boat was smooth, quiet, and ran great. But still when turning, it just starts to get loud. No change in sound from the motor, just probably the sound of the water causing more force on the drive line & rudder?

-Keith

If not the prop, it might be the sound of water hitting the hull. My Vride has a much harsher sound at the stern than my Echelon. Did you notice the sound since you got the new boat or just after changing props. There is a definite hull sound difference between the Vride and the Echelon. You will also have a Walter V drive noise that you don't have on a direct drive. Try a metal screwdriver to pinpoint the sound.

When I turn fast enough you hear the sound of what I'd consider to be the tracking fins digging in and deflecting water. That may be what you're hearing. I love DD performance! Clap.gifClap.gif