Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can you switch HO Approach bindings?

tuneman

I'm looking at purchasing a used slalom with HO Approach bindings. The problem is that it's set up left foot forward and I'm right foot forward. Can the bindings be switched or am I out of luck?

I'm looking at purchasing a used slalom with HO Approach bindings. The problem is that it's set up left foot forward and I'm right foot forward. Can the bindings be switched or am I out of luck?

Yes, you just swap the footbed. It unscrews on the bottom.

The bindings can't be switched, however I am pretty sure that they went away from the Front left and front right option. What I am trying to say is that you should be able to use it as is. There is no left and right boot anymore, just a front and back

Edit: Brodie is right. you can swap plates. I am sure the Animals front and rear boots are differen't though in which case you don't want to switch them. The Approaches I am not sure

Edited by bretski75
The bindings can't be switched, however I am pretty sure that they went away from the Front left and front right option. What I am trying to say is that you should be able to use it as is. There is no left and right boot anymore, just a front and back

Edit: Brodie is right. you can swap plates. I am sure the Animals front and rear boots are differen't though in which case you don't want to switch them. The Approaches I am not sure

With Animals, the whole boot is foot specific, with Approaches, only the footbed is foot specific. I have both, and I switched my Approaches when I bought them.

Thanks for the help guys. Interesting that we're all from the Minneapolis area.

No problem. THe Approach bindings take some getting used to. I hated them at first, as they are not nearly as comfortable as my Animals, but what I like about them is that they have more forward lean to them which forces you to bend your knees more, and has helped my skiing.