Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Malibu VTX Questions

Telemekhos

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and may be the proud owner of a Malibu Wakesetter VTX tomorrow. I was curious what you guys think of this price: $44,000 for a 2007 Malibu Wakesetter VTX with 150 Hours

Options: Wake Hull, Illusion Tower, board racks, black bimini, tower speakers, 12 inch sub, amp, cd player, ballast, cruise control, pop up driver seat, malibu pop up cleats, fiberglass swim platfrom, boat cover, 320 hp engine, MANUAL wedge, also comes with a trailer.

Do you think this is a competitive price? Please let me know, i definitely want a Malibu VTX but it doesnt have to be this one. Your help is much appreciated

Thanks,

-T-

The bow ballast adds 250 lbs. There are a lot of ways to add 250 lbs to the front if you want to later... invite 2 more friends for example. All that I can say is you are going to love that boat! I think that 44k seems like a goodo deal for the options you listed. You would probably spend ver $60k for a new one... It is hard to say "no" to more options when you are ordering new!

It has all the ballast options from what i understand. How many tanks are possible on that is it 3 or 4?

Edited by Telemekhos

Actually it's 350 as I recall.

Rear 200 each side

Center 500

Front 350

Total - 4 tanks @ 1250 lbs.

Personally though, the only boat in Malibu's lineup that I feel the bow tank is absolutely essential for is the VLX. If it's a great deal, then go for it. As mentioned, there are other ways to get weight up in the front.

The bow ballast adds 250 lbs. There are a lot of ways to add 250 lbs to the front if you want to later... invite 2 more friends for example.

Matt - You obviously have different friends than me! I could add a lot more than 250lbs.

Regarding the boat, I actually spoke to the dealer that sold the boat originally. He was in high praise of the boat and the owner. I've been doing a lot of searching for a VTX lately. Both of the private party boats available in MI are good deals. I'm personally looking for the diamond hull though.

Ken

The bow ballast adds 250 lbs. There are a lot of ways to add 250 lbs to the front if you want to later... invite 2 more friends for example.

Matt - You obviously have different friends than me! I could add a lot more than 250lbs.

Regarding the boat, I actually spoke to the dealer that sold the boat originally. He was in high praise of the boat and the owner. I've been doing a lot of searching for a VTX lately. Both of the private party boats available in MI are good deals. I'm personally looking for the diamond hull though.

Ken

I was being kind. I am from Wisconsin and most of my friends up there will add close to 250 lbs when they get on board. Down here in Peoria IL, most of my friends are wakeboarders and go about 150 - 175 lbs. I guess the Old Style must still be better in Wisconsin.