Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LSV prop recommendations

Big Belly

Before I get lynched, I have done a search...just haven't found the answer I am looking for.

I have an '05 LSV and it still has the stock prop. I have read all about the ACME 1235 and the OJ XMP but most of what I have read has been on a VLX.

Also, the stats on the cup seem to vary. Can anyone with an LSV chime in for me?

Thanks and sorry for the repeat.

MalibuNation
Before I get lynched, I have done a search...just haven't found the answer I am looking for.

I have an '05 LSV and it still has the stock prop. I have read all about the ACME 1235 and the OJ XMP but most of what I have read has been on a VLX.

Also, the stats on the cup seem to vary. Can anyone with an LSV chime in for me?

What is the length of your boat, motor, useage?

Edited by MalibuNation

ya, what do you do?

Ive got an OJ 475 and LOVE it. BUT, we only ski maybe 1/3 of the time, and we hardly do any cruising at all. Most of the time we are heavily weighted for boarding, surfing, or tubing. Gained a TON of low end torque and acceleration, and only a few hundred RPM's on the top end. Heavily loaded surfing at 10.5 MPH we spin around 2600RPM and lightly loaded skiing at 34MPH we spin about 3700-3800 RPMs. The thing is a complete animal out of the hole.

As I understand it, the 1235 can be bought in different cup's. I assume that means more or less pitch. Can any of you speak on that?

All LSV's are 23 feet. I don't want info from a chart, I want to hear from another owner that has traveled down this road. Anyone?

Thanks.

As I understand it, the 1235 can be bought in different cup's. I assume that means more or less pitch. Can any of you speak on that?

All LSV's are 23 feet. I don't want info from a chart, I want to hear from another owner that has traveled down this road. Anyone?

Thanks.

All LSV's are not the same length. We asked you questions that we need in order to give you our personal exeperiance.

What length boat do YOU have? What Hull do YOU have? And what do YOU primairly do with your boat?

Thanks.

I've got a 23 LSV (not sure if that's what your's is or not) and run the 1235. Love the prop, but we do very little cruising or skiing either. Mostly weighted real heavy for surfing and boarding. I do believe the OJ475 is even a bit more aggressive out of the hole, but have never tried on for myself!

I too am looking for a new prop, but for my XTi. My recommendation is to call Acme props up and talk to them. I just called them yesterday and they were real helpful as they asked a bunch of question about the boat, current problem and desired outcome. Some things you should know before you call is, your motor size, top speed and rpm, along with what is your current prop. It seems that Malibu has a variety of props to choice from so no all 2005 LSV have the same stock prop.

On my XTi with the Monsoon, it came with the Acme 515 stock. My dad and I are both bigger guys, the boat seemed to take forever to yank us out of the water. So we wanted more holeshot and didn't mind to lose a few mph off of top end. The boat is used for recreational wakeboarding and skiing. The prop Acme recomended for me is the Acme 911, not the 1235 that everyone talks about.

ps. anyone know how to do a search with words that have only 3 letters? ex. Acme 911

Edited by Sandaholic

Not sure what you wanted for the 911 but this may help. 911x13.00x 10.50x.060cupx3x1 1/8"xLH

I will post up more info on the findings for the 1235, 475, 468.

BB, for us to help you with the correct info, we do need all kinds of info before giving you our opion about what the best prop would be for your needs. Its not just as easy as saying prop XXX is the best for ALL LSV's. If you only want to ski or just surf, the LSV will take a different prop for each one. JM2C

My original post said a 2005 LSV. So if Malibu made more than one LSV for that year then I'll have a big 'ol plate of crow for dinner. I am human.

My wife might occasionally go for a recreational ski run but that would only be about once a year. Not too worried about about the skiing thing. We surf, skate and wakeboard more than anything. When I'm going from point "A" to "B", I always keep the speed down to 25 or so MPH. We will put a little extra ballast in for surfing but all in all, we just take it easy.

I'm looking for more performance in the low to mid range of this heavy 23 foot boat.

I looked up the boat models for '05 and saw that there were a few other LSV's outside the Wakestetter series. Mine is a Wakesetter, I guess I'm having crow for dinner, huh?

Edited by Big Belly