Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mux switch broken

Ok so the other day on the right MUX switch, the one that does the stereo, one button stopped working. And this caused the switch not to turn off. So right now I have it unplugged. Yesterday I took the cable out of the broken switch and plugged it into the working one and all of the same functions on the working one appeared, horn, blower, etc. and they all worked. So obviously the switch panel is the problem and not the whole system.

Has anyone had this happen? Do i just need to replace the right swtich?

My left one went out last week. It was late and we had 6 miles to drive back home so no lights on the boat while driving at dark. Seems to be a major safety issue if you ask me. I called my dealer and the MUX switches are on "back order" so no idea as to when I can control lights, horn, bilge, Ballast tanks, etc...

Oh yea and my right one is acting up too but still seems to work... for now.

Yes.

And for those of you finding yourself in a bind, you need to add whatever functions you want to the working switch. There is a pdf file on here somewhere of how to add/change/delete. You can customize either switch to control whatever you want. :)

Yes.

And for those of you finding yourself in a bind, you need to add whatever functions you want to the working switch. There is a pdf file on here somewhere of how to add/change/delete. You can customize either switch to control whatever you want. :)

Any Idea where it is?

Its hard to search when you cant use 3 letter words.

Yes.gif That's why I didn't. . .

In a nutshell, you hold the page button and the two right-most buttons. It goes into edit mode and you have to toggle the choices you want. It is NOT completely intuitive, however. Good luck.

So are these things breaking regularly? First thought I had when they came out with this style was, "oh boy, those are going to be a nightmare!" I am all for the techy stuff, but some things should be left to mechanical switches.

Good luck!

By the way, they look like a bit of a pain to change. I am 3 hrs from my dealer so they are sending me a new switch. It appears that you somehow have to take the cover off to get at the screws. Anyone with any tips?

• 2 weeks later...

Im beginning to think this board is bad luck.. seems like everytime I read about a problem it happens to my boat.... The day after reading about the mux switches my right panel froze up couldnt use the wedge, stereo, heater..... blah blah blah. im beginning to think I have a lemon

Did you read the link above that explains how to add/change the function of each button on the MUX? Then you can at least control what you want to from the left side LCD. Your dealer will get you a new panel for the right side.

• 10 months later...