Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PFD suggestion for a young toddler....

spinxt

We are going on our bi-annual camping trip to Deep Creek Lake, MD mid next week. My friend is going to have his in-laws bring their 13-month old baby to the lake for a few hours one day. I want to make sure I have a proper PFD for her. Like I said she is about 13 months old. It seems from the research I've done, she's sort of inbetween a infant and toddler PFD. Any CrewMembers with little tikes have any suggestions? The wify and I haven't had any tricycle motors yet, so I'm sort of clueless in this area.

We are going on our bi-annual camping trip to Deep Creek Lake, MD mid next week. My friend is going to have his in-laws bring their 13-month old baby to the lake for a few hours one day. I want to make sure I have a proper PFD for her. Like I said she is about 13 months old. It seems from the research I've done, she's sort of inbetween a infant and toddler PFD. Any CrewMembers with little tikes have any suggestions? The wify and I haven't had any tricycle motors yet, so I'm sort of clueless in this area.

My son was wearing a neoprene Kidder vest until he was about a year and a half. He took one unexpected dunk in the water and it worked great.

http://www.waterskiworld.com/vests/Infant_...life_vests.html

We used the old fashion yellow "super soft" Xsmall jacket. When in the water it kept the child pretty neutral so it was easier to hang on to them. Most of the jackets force them to their backs for safty which makes it difficult for them to enjoy the water. Neck cut is also important, go as low as possible.

My 18month old has used the hyperlite infant vest for the last several months. The most comfortable vest will be neoprene and at 13 months, you're going to want to go with an infant vest, because it is made to float the child face up. At 13 months, the little guy isn't going to be able to balance himself upright and keep his face out of the water.