Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skiing off a 08 V-Ride

MalibuWantToBe

Can anyone give me opinions on slaloming off of a VRide?

Skied off a VTX and it was awesome. Practically no wake.

Skied off an 05 VLX and flew threw the air on every cut. Fun but not what I want to do daily.

The dealer told me the VRide is a certified tournament boat so it should have a decent ski wake. Can anyone confirm, I'm not a pro, but like to cut back and forth and don't want to fl through the air every time.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Uh, I don't ever remember that hull being tournament rated in the vdrive configuration, BICBW. It was rated on the direct drive boats (Sunsetter LX, Sunkicker, Wakesetter direct drive, & I-Ride), but that was a loooooong time ago & hull design has come an even longer way since. Did the VTX that you demoed have the cut diamond hull or the wake hull? I would be sure of that one fact before forming any conclusions or (even better) comparisons.

The VLX has never been an approved AWSA tournament boat; it's only an approved towboat. As you found out a Vride or VLX are not very conducive for slalomskiing, the only minor exception being the '01 VLX on the diamond hull. Malibu just introduced the FXI a direct drive version of the 20 LSV the cousin to the VTX but on the diamond hull.

It doesn't sound like he's demoed the Vride, BICBW. Also, I'm guessing that the VTX that he did ski behind was on the cut diamond, which would explain why it's night & day different from the VLX. If that's the case, then I think he'll find the Vride to be much closer to the VLX for skiability than the VTX. Just guessing on all of that though.

It doesn't sound like he's demoed the Vride, BICBW. Also, I'm guessing that the VTX that he did ski behind was on the cut diamond, which would explain why it's night & day different from the VLX. If that's the case, then I think he'll find the Vride to be much closer to the VLX for skiability than the VTX. Just guessing on all of that though.

He stated that it was the '05 VLX, but I just thought I'd inlcude the vride in the same category...crappy for slaloming. :) I agree the VTX probably was on the CDH.

I would consider my Vride a very casual ski wake and would not cut at it aggressively.

Edited by johnsvt

He skied behind my VLX and it was quite humorous. I don't think I've ever seen a clean w2w jump on a slalom ski before. The VTX did have the diamond hull. The Vride has a wake hull, no? So, it should ski similarly to the VLX, which is great for trick skis, but no so good for a good slalom run.

I still say you should look at an 05-06 23LSV with the diamond hull. You'll have more room for the family, doesn't handle THAT much differently than a 21, still has a decent ski wake, and will have the wake capabilities for the kids. The cost should be better than a new VTX also. Just my nickel's worth. Rockon.gif

Edited by jshap

I wouldn't consider a Vride if I was planning on skiing frequently. We had a Vride for two summers, finally sold it because it just wasn't a good ski platform. Of course, our RLXI is another story. Great for the hardcore skier (me), not so good for my kids and their wakeboarding....

DO NOT buy a boat untill you demo, make sure you take your ski with you..

He skied behind my VLX and it was quite humorous. I don't think I've ever seen a clean w2w jump on a slalom ski before. The VTX did have the diamond hull. The Vride has a wake hull, no? So, it should ski similarly to the VLX, which is great for trick skis, but no so good for a good slalom run.

I still say you should look at an 05-06 23LSV with the diamond hull. You'll have more room for the family, doesn't handle THAT much differently than a 21, still has a decent ski wake, and will have the wake capabilities for the kids. The cost should be better than a new VTX also. Just my nickel's worth. Rockon.gif

Yes, the Ride series is not available on the diamond hull.