Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

depth finder

Hoverp

I want to install a depth finder in my 2000 Mal. Res. LX

I have the 5 inch main instrumentation black chrome trim rings on the dashboard and the smaller 2-2.5 inch guage empty trim rings on the lower outside edges of the dash.

I do not have a paddle wheel (I use the new Stargazer GPS from perfect pass) what setup would work and do you have any recommended ones. what brand comes stock in the new malibus? do I have to drill the hull for the transmitter?

I cant believe they dont outfit these boats with a depthfinder as standard equipment....

Thanks

Patrick

Edited by Hoverp
I want to install a depth finder in my 2000 Mal. Res. LX

I have the 5 inch main instrumentation black chrome trim rings on the dashboard and the smaller 2-2.5 inch guage empty trim rings on the lower outside edges of the dash.

I do not have a paddle wheel (I use the new Stargazer GPS from perfect pass) what setup would work and do you have any recommended ones. what brand comes stock in the new malibus? do I have to drill the hull for the transmitter?

I cant believe they dont outfit these boats with a depthfinder as standard equipment....

Thanks

Patrick

I put one in my 2000 sportster. Pretty easy install but I was replacing an after market one that was in it at the time. You do not need to drill a hole. The transmitter just glues to the bottom of the boat. The directions are really easy. Fish the wire up and hook to one of the small trim rings on the dash.

Edited by Lovetoski