Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which part of the country has the most malibus

FIC

NO clue how to even count that. We have no less than 4 dealers within a 300 mile radius. I would say there are more Malibus than any other inboard around here.

Actually Malibu is not top dog everywhere. On my lake, Mastercrafts outnumber Malibus probably like 10 to 1. Every time I see a new Mastercraft on my lake, I can't help but think....you fool you could have bought a Malibu. I think there are maybe only 5 Malibus on my lake, 1 is mine and 1 is my old Echelon that I sold.

I think it really has more to do with local dealer representation. We use out boat in SW Missouri quite a bit on a big lake. At one end where there's a MC dealer, MC's out number the rest 10-1. At the other end of the lake, Tige's used to outnumber the rest as well. The Tige dealer was bought out by the Malibu dealer...now Malibu's are most prevalent.

I think it really has more to do with local dealer representation. We use out boat in SW Missouri quite a bit on a big lake. At one end where there's a MC dealer, MC's out number the rest 10-1. At the other end of the lake, Tige's used to outnumber the rest as well. The Tige dealer was bought out by the Malibu dealer...now Malibu's are most prevalent.

Don't think so. We have a ton of Bu's in our area but the local dealer Yuk.gif and even more will not take it to repair shop. I know many that will travel an extra 2 hrs just to have warrenty work done.

More and more Malibu's are showing up on our lake. Just that I've noticed this year...5 Sportsters, 10+ Responses, 6 or so Sunsetters, and a few Wakesetters. By comparison, there are probably 10-12 DisasterRaft's, 6-8 Nautiques, 2 Moomba's, 1 MB,...and more Wally-Piloted I/O's than you can shake a fist at. Ranting.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu

at our lake house out at cedar creek malibu is definetly dominant. i think i see a new one, or one i dont recognize every weekend

Malibu's are everywhere around here. One thing I don't ever see though is Response's. I think I've only seen maybe 2 and neither of them were very new. Wakesetter's up the whazu though.

My lake is definitely Malibu dominant, Especially the last couple of years. We have an excellent dealer in our area, the factory is just down the road and the old owner of Malibu has or had a house boat on our lake so probably a lot of his Malibu buddies use the lake too. And there's 6 Malibu's within 4 blocks of my house, theres 9 houses on my street including the corner houses and out of those 9 there are 4 Malibu's with a 5th one across the street from the corner house.

I might have to buy something else just to be different. :unsure:

malibu have been the highest seller in aus of 'sport' boats for the past 10 years or so. Some busy days around christmas on the river not too far from here you could probably find every model and multiple years Crazy.gif

In FL CC rules the roost. just rock up to okeeheelee and you get the idea. MC in second then Bu in 3rd in terms of numbers that you would see.

my 2cents...

I agree that dealer location is key. My lake has a Mastercraft dealer a couple miles away and the nearest Bu dealer is 60 miles. I probably have 30 MC's and 1 Bu, mine.

not many inboard round here.

fishing boats to i/o's, 10:1

i/o's to inboards, 10:1

that doesn't leave many inboards! "why do you want one of them, you can't even adjust the prop to plane!?"

i'd say it goes malibu, mastercraft, nautique....then there are a couple centurions, and moombas, too.

Where are you talking about in Southwest Missouri? I am only aware of one dealer in this area and they were not bought out by Malibu but brought on Malibu with Tige. Just curious who else has Malibu. What lake do you hit. I am heading to Norfork next weekend again.

not many inboard round here.

fishing boats to i/o's, 10:1

i/o's to inboards, 10:1

I think this is close to the norm pretty much everywhere. My neighborhood has a community dock with 17 boat slips. Of those, 5 of them are inboards/v-drives. There might not be more than 15 or 20 inboards/V-drives on the rest of the lake & probably 100s of I/Os & fishing boats.

Spent last week down on Lake Norris in Tennessee. I think they should rename it Lake Malibu for all the Malibu's on the lake (and this was before they started coming in for the No Wake Beach party!).

I think for boats produced after the turn of the century, Malibu outnumbers the others on our lake by a huge margin. I can think of 5 inboards on our lake produced since 2000 that aren't Malibus. That's 3 Nautiques, a MasterCraft, and a Sanger. There are at LEAST a dozen Malibus that fit that criteria. If you start including older boats, the numbers for CC and MC don't look quite as lopsided. There are only 2 Malibus on our lake that aren't from this century, a 98 Echelon that used to pull Footstock, and a Skier.