Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Teak Platform Meets Cement Wall on an Angle.

2 chunks of teak wood ripped off my platform screws ripped out that hold it on to the 2 metal brackets. i will try to get a picture later but is there ANYONE who rebuilds teak platforms? or anyone who knows where i can get a new/new to me Teak platform that will fit my 94 Echelon?

I'm just happy it didnt hurt the mounts on the boat....no glass damage, stress cracks, or anything there.

I'm willing to bet you could fix all that up with epoxy. Give the guys at West System Epoxy a call (they are in Michigan like you) and explain what you want to fix. For a few dollars and some of your labor it will be fine...although I couldn't be sure without seeing some pics. :)

Much cheaper than a new platform and it's one of those things that would probably go unnoticed to everyone but yourself...and those you tell about it.

I'm willing to bet you could fix all that up with epoxy. Give the guys at West System Epoxy a call (they are in Michigan like you) and explain what you want to fix. For a few dollars and some of your labor it will be fine...although I couldn't be sure without seeing some pics. :)

Much cheaper than a new platform and it's one of those things that would probably go unnoticed to everyone but yourself...and those you tell about it.

Pics are good. Maybe you can find a few pieces of teak and replace the damaged ones - quick google search you should be able to find it, or your local hardwood specialty supplier.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userp...mp;keyword=teak

Edited by TheBlackPearl
This is the company that made your swim platform. I recently asked about a platform for my boat and they quoted me $440 I think. Then, I just repaired mine.