Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tablerock-Houseboats-95 Sunsetter

scout1ton

We're going to Tablerock over Labor day weekend and have 2 houseboats rented. I am going to take the boat over and tie to the big boats and use it for runabouts and also wakeboard some. Big boats are at Kimberling City, was kinda wanting to know where would be best to anchor, and also some places for parties and boarding. We will likely move the big boats from day to day that way the mornings are different scenery. Also I just ordered some fenders, you all think these will work or should I have ordered different ones. I know I prolly should have asked before ordering, but I just got in a hurry.

<a href="http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/de...1009&r=view" target="_blank">http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/de...1009&r=view</a>

<a href="http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/de...1009&r=view" target="_blank">http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/de...1009&r=view</a>

Thanks for the help and if any of you are gonna be there, would be glad to meet any Malibu owners. I was wanting to post picture of our bu so we may be able to be noticed & meet some others there. I'll try to do that later. We may have orange Oklahoma State flag flying from wakeboard pole. Look us up. These are only pictures I have so far.

untitled.bmp

closeup.bmp

Edited by scout1ton

I am at Table Rock as we speak. I would look up Sleepy Hollow Resort, try to stay on the lake in that area, it is close to Kimberling and the cliffs(water is still covering a god part of it).Seems to be a lot better coves and place for boats that dock up than where I am at by Indian Point...I just haven't taken the time to drive very far either to find the calm spots.....

On the bumpers the hull huggers work great but every one of the 4 I had split at the seams this year (probably used 10 times) so I went and bought some 6.5X22s, I don't know about the curved kind but they seem like they would work. At the Ski Shack I saw some inflatable fenders that have a slip cover over them that looked sweet but not sure how they would hold up, made by Accurate.

PM me and I'll map you out on the water the way from Kimberling to the cliffs and try to find a place for docking up......I'm sure on Labor Day weekend there will be a few options........

We are going to take our boat out and put it on Taneycomo Lake/River, the water by the damn is supposed to be around 50 degrees. We'll see how that goes, there is a riverside shopping center downstream in Branson with docks.

Those bumpers should be ok, actually I have some of the taylor made ones in the first link. Everyone else I tie up with usually has a boat that sits higher in the water so I have a hard time using those bumbers. Hopefully the houseboats have some big bumbers to use to tie up with. I generally try to get the biggest bumers possible that way when the rolling waves come in it keeps the boats a little farther away from each other and there is more bumber thickness to take the abuse. But of course you will probably be tied up in a cove with little to no wakes since you'll have the houseboats.

Have fun at Table Rock!!! I was just there at the first of the month and had a blast. The shopping center in Branson that Javamans was talking about is pretty neat. On the hour they have a fountain show in the center of the shopping center that is pretty neat. They also have Famous Dave's BBQ, one of my favorite BBQ restaurants.

Jamie

Those bumpers should be ok, actually I have some of the taylor made ones in the first link. Everyone else I tie up with usually has a boat that sits higher in the water so I have a hard time using those bumbers. Hopefully the houseboats have some big bumbers to use to tie up with. I generally try to get the biggest bumers possible that way when the rolling waves come in it keeps the boats a little farther away from each other and there is more bumber thickness to take the abuse. But of course you will probably be tied up in a cove with little to no wakes since you'll have the houseboats.

Have fun at Table Rock!!! I was just there at the first of the month and had a blast. The shopping center in Branson that Javamans was talking about is pretty neat. On the hour they have a fountain show in the center of the shopping center that is pretty neat. They also have Famous Dave's BBQ, one of my favorite BBQ restaurants.

Jamie

Really?!? Would it wreck it for you if I told you that Famous Dave's started in and operates from Minnesota? Great grub, no doubt- but when I head south I prefer to eat my BBQ in a gas station!

[/hijack]

If you are looking for a party at Table Rock there are 2 places.

1. Number one first and for most IMO the biggest party is at Big Cow. (Party Cove)

2. The Rope Swing (Cliffs)

You will see at lot of boats, both big cruisers and speedboats as well as more and more wakeboats anchored in these two spots. A lot tie together (I don't personally do that b/c it beats the crap out of your boat), but if you have a houseboat it probably doesn't matter.

Bearded Clam's dock walkway was underwater last time i was down, so that is probably out. You can still check out Captain Hooks (just reopened--near Aunts Creek/Rope Swing), and Ahoy's which is right on the other side of the Kimberling Bridge for eats and drinks.

Here is a map i made to point you to the right spots...

it is SO weak that this site doesn't support images, but hopefully you can still see the spots i marked in green. if not PM me with your e-mail and i'll send it to you. If you click on it a couple times it will enlarge it, and keep it still so you can see it.

<a href="http://www.slide.com/r/DOT3VXAfzz-pCGCvvzN...p;view=original" target="_blank">http://www.slide.com/r/DOT3VXAfzz-pCGCvvzN...p;view=original</a>

Have fun!!!!!!!!

Edited by tj_in_kc
If you are looking for a party at Table Rock there are 2 places.

1. Number one first and for most IMO the biggest party is at Big Cow. (Party Cove)

2. The Rope Swing (Cliffs)

You will see at lot of boats, both big cruisers and speedboats as well as more and more wakeboats anchored in these two spots. A lot tie together (I don't personally do that b/c it beats the crap out of your boat), but if you have a houseboat it probably doesn't matter.

Bearded Clam's dock walkway was underwater last time i was down, so that is probably out. You can still check out Captain Hooks (just reopened--near Aunts Creek/Rope Swing), and Ahoy's which is right on the other side of the Kimberling Bridge for eats and drinks.

Here is a map i made to point you to the right spots...

it is SO weak that this site doesn't support images, but hopefully you can still see the spots i marked in green. if not PM me with your e-mail and i'll send it to you. If you click on it a couple times it will enlarge it, and keep it still so you can see it.

<a href="http://www.slide.com/r/DOT3VXAfzz-pCGCvvzN...p;view=original" target="_blank">http://www.slide.com/r/DOT3VXAfzz-pCGCvvzN...p;view=original</a>

Have fun!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips TJ, I downloaded your map and tried to zoom in to see where Kimberling city is comparded to your pointers. Got real blurry and i couldn't read the text. Where did you download map from? Then I could just print and add your pointers. thanks again

This site does support images, but only if you support the site...

ha-ha, i gotta ask, why can't the site support itself like every other website??

The mods can answer that for sure, but i assume the difference is that you do not see advertising all over this site like you do with many others....

Jamie

Really?!? Would it wreck it for you if I told you that Famous Dave's started in and operates from Minnesota? Great grub, no doubt- but when I head south I prefer to eat my BBQ in a gas station!

[/hijack]

Hijack:

Are you sure about that Whistling.gif Hate to hurt your MN pride, but Famous Dave's BBQ started in Hayward, WI. Here's a link: http://www.famousdavesbbq.com/pages/legend.html :)

Hijack: OFF

Jamie

[/hijack]

Hijack:

Are you sure about that Whistling.gif Hate to hurt your MN pride, but Famous Dave's BBQ started in Hayward, WI. Here's a link: http://www.famousdavesbbq.com/pages/legend.html :)

Hijack: OFF

Indeed- color me WRONG! ...but they are headquartered in MN, even when the first one was opened in Hayward, "Dave" was living in Mpls. Oh well. I guess I'm spoiled- I eat at FD all the time- even plow snow at one of their locations. When I get out of town to the south, I try to find a real greasy spoon.

This is making me crave a meal at Dave's...

ha-ha, i gotta ask, why can't the site support itself like every other website??

We as a collective prefer to have our own autonomy than have ads and other commercial means. The crew discounts and group buys that a Crew Supporter/Chief are able to participate certainly make up for a small yearly fee. The support directly goes into providing a place where members feel free the express an opinion without the concern of a sponsors agenda or concerns.

If you upload pictures to other free sites such as photobucket you can link them here to the Crew. As a paid member you'll get a gallery and be able to directly attach photos among other things.

By Labor day, the rope swing might be useable. Just pulled in the driveway from the rock and the handle for the swing is about 1' out of water this morning. The lake fell about a foot and a half this week while we were there. If they can keep that up (meaning no more heavy rain....which was not out of the question over the next week) 5 weeks at 1.5' per week would drop the lake around 8 feet which would make the swing high enough for me to drag my toes through the water.