Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

swim platform brackets

kscarter

I have a '86 Malibu Skier with a cracked swim platform bracket that attaches to the platform (not the transom bracket). The local dealer has told me they are expensive if available. I have been searching the web for some after market removable brackets but seem to be coming up empty. Does anyone know where I might find brackets or offer other suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have a '86 Malibu Skier with a cracked swim platform bracket that attaches to the platform (not the transom bracket). The local dealer has told me they are expensive if available. I have been searching the web for some after market removable brackets but seem to be coming up empty. Does anyone know where I might find brackets or offer other suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin

How 'bout a pic of the issue? Can you just get them fixed (welded and refinished)?

RiverRunner - Thanks for the link. I just got off the phone with alloymarine and they have what I'm looking for. He was familiar with my original brackets and said that the new brackets would fit the same hole pattern in my transom so no need to drill new holes. He said my current brackets are Dolphin which are plastic and not repairable.

Next question - My current platform has 3 brackets but seems like most of the newer boats only have 2. Can I get by with 2?

• 9 years later...

RiverRunner - Thanks for the link. I just got off the phone with alloymarine and they have what I'm looking for. He was familiar with my original brackets and said that the new brackets would fit the same hole pattern in my transom so no need to drill new holes. He said my current brackets are Dolphin which are plastic and not repairable.

Next question - My current platform has 3 brackets but seems like most of the newer boats only have 2. Can I get by with 2?

Kevin, Any chance you still have your old plastic Dolphin brackets? I have a boat with three of them - and one is broken. It's near impossible to find any replacement plastic ones - and wanted to check in with you before I went the replacement route.