Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 LSV Transmission Problems

Hi,

A friend of mine has the 2007 LSV with the Hammerhead and we upgraded the prop to the acme 12??

An inexperienced driver shifted into reverse to quickly and sheared some of the bolts off the transmission. We took it into the dealer and got that fixed, but three trips later the transmission popped and let go when the perfect pass began it's quick shift in the turn. We have not found out what the problem is from the dealer yet, but we were wondering if there have been many problems with the 2007 transmissions.

If anybody has any ideas to troubleshoot the transmission we would appreciate it thanks.

I haven't seen one of the new V-drive units go bad yet. With the documented mistreatment (shifting into reverse at high RPM's), I don't think your friend will have much of a warranty case anyway.

Not that much to troubleshoot with trannys anyway, if the fluid is clean and full, the shaft is attached, it shifts properly, it either works or it doesn't.

-Chris

The transmission has been feeling rough since my dealer fixed the bolts that were sheared off from the boat being put in reverse from more than zero RPMs. We notice it more when the boat is in a turn and the perfect pass is speeding things up, the boat shakes a little. Ever since the first fix the boat seemed to struggle in holding a turn like it is losing power.

I am not entirely sure what the drive plate does so any explanation would be great, because my dealer does not do a very high volume and just does not have the same level of expertise.

Turns out that Malibu says that there were a number of transmissions that were not up to spec in 2006 and 2007 LSV's and they warranty replacing the whole transmission.