Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to me 2002 Sportster

malibubarfootr

Finally picked up my new 'bu from Michigan after a long 3 month wait. I had to wait so long because I was studying for the first portion of my dental licensing exam- IT WAS TORTURE! So far shes been a dream- I've put 20 hours on her in the last two weeks!!

Pics here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28932555@N06/...57606349229577/

Sorry about all the black and white pictures, my brother was on a little artistic kick

She's a clasic! Congrats! Thumbup.gif

Is that the ocean that you are in? If not, that is a very clear lake. Where in the country do you live?

That was Higgins Lake in Michigan- the clearest, most beautiful lake I have ever seen. When you are footing or skiing etc.. you can look down and see the rocks/bottom 20-40 feet below the colors also change according to the depth giving it a very caribbean feel - its an awesome experience!

congrats! just picked mine up from MI as well a few weeks ago, there is something about these boats!!! I just love mine and it seems others do too. the orange is hot too! Rockon.gif

Is that the ocean that you are in? If not, that is a very clear lake. Where in the country do you live?

That was Higgins Lake in Michigan- the clearest, most beautiful lake I have ever seen. When you are footing or skiing etc.. you can look down and see the rocks/bottom 20-40 feet below the colors also change according to the depth giving it a very caribbean feel - its an awesome experience!

Nice pictures and very nice boat! Thumbup.gif I grew up on that lake, my parents still live up there. It is one of the most beautiful lakes around! but not the greatest for the watersports. It is usually pretty choppy up there. You have to get some early morning or late night sets in if you want any nice water. My depth guage on that lake tops out on me. it starts blinking around 400ft!!! pretty deep for an inland lake!

Enjoy your bu! Rockon.gif

BTW, if you think Higgins is sweet you should go a little farther northwest and check out Torch lake! Drool.gif

congrats! just picked mine up from MI as well a few weeks ago, there is something about these boats!!! I just love mine and it seems others do too. the orange is hot too! Rockon.gif

Thanks- I wasnt a fan of the orange at first but it has definitely grown on me. You should post a link to some pictures of your new boat!! I absolutely LOVE the Sporty!!! Clap.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...