Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Biggest Wakesurf Wakes?

smedman

alright how about 5'8ish

setup was

- port 750 bag full

- starboard bag had about 100 ish pounds

- 750 bag on port seats

- bow bag full

- middle tank full

- full 750 bag in the walkway

- wedge down

- two adults

- bilge running every 30 seconds

Edited by johnsvt
2008 Enzo SV240 with 1400 lbs. in the surf side enzo sac trim tab up and 8 people in boat.

IMG_2830.jpg

RiverRunner -

I gotta say, that is impressive... How far back can you get with a good surfer and good board? I've been curious about the Enzo's since surfing seems to be their specialty. Charlie

Im pretty sure I've got on the largest goofy side waves on Lake Austin(so I've been told).

Here what i run on the goofy side on my 07 Wakesetter 23LSV.

-Fill MLS except the portside. So FULL starboard,center and front.

-Fly High Pro Series 750 lb in starboard vdrive lock.

-Fly High Pro Series 350 lb laid parallel with the boat on the seat behind the driver.

-Fly High Pro Series 350 lb on the starboard side floor, right next to the that on the seat.

-Wedge at max size IF you like a steep wave, IF NOT just leave the wedge up.

The rub rail should sit 2-3 inches from the water. When the rub rail is in the water you are money.

My waves stands 4ft tall and barrels like a mofo.

My wave is completely dialed, im not gunna fix what aint broke. Rockon.gif

Also, if i have passengers they sit on the starboard side as well.

What speed are you at?

whats the deal with no vests in a few of these pics? Dontknow.gif

In VA no vest required. I didn't really see the need and the guy knows how to swim...I think.

The centurion wake is badass, BTW.

Edited by johnsvt

I think in WI as long as you do a platform start, you don't need a vest. The law states that if you're being towed by a boat, you need a USCG approved PFD.

2008 Enzo SV240 with 1400 lbs. in the surf side enzo sac trim tab up and 8 people in boat.

IMG_2830.jpg

RiverRunner -

I gotta say, that is impressive... How far back can you get with a good surfer and good board? I've been curious about the Enzo's since surfing seems to be their specialty. Charlie

IMG_2847.jpg

Later we were playing with the pocket to see how long we could get it

Same set-up as the picture above with more speed

Same rider 5'-10" 165 lbs.

2009 Inland Surfer 4-Skim "Black Pearl" 4'-5" long board

In VA no vest required. I didn't really see the need and the guy knows how to swim...I think.

I know how to drive but still wear a seat belt....

I know how to ride a bike but still wear a vest....

I know how to swim, yet the thought of not wearing a vest is insane. I've never found the vest to be in the way of surfing so I fail to understand why anyone wouldn't wear it. Furthermore, in today's litigious society the driver would probably be found at fault to some degree.

I think in WI as long as you do a platform start, you don't need a vest. The law states that if you're being towed by a boat, you need a USCG approved PFD.

What goofball wrote that....

Some goofball back in the '70s probably, before wakesurfing was invented. Technically, you're not being towed by the boat so you shouldn't need a PFD.

Obviously, you haven't seen M-Dude surf Tease2.gif

I know how to swim, yet the thought of not wearing a vest is insane. I've never found the vest to be in the way of surfing so I fail to understand why anyone wouldn't wear it. Furthermore, in today's litigious society the driver would probably be found at fault to some degree.

So if you read between the lines and never hold on to the rope :unsure: you certainly would have a hard time fighting that in court if the surfer was to get hit with the board in the head and sink to the bottom of the lake. I don't think I would let anyone surf behind a boat that I owned without a life jacket Whistling.gif

Edited by 68Slalom

So if you read between the lines and never hold on to the rope :unsure: you certainly would have a hard time fighting that in court if the surfer was to get hit with the board in the head and sink to the bottom of the lake. I don't think I would let anyone surf behind a boat that I owned without a life jacket Whistling.gif

I bet someone could argue and win that even when surfing you're towed by the boat indirectly as it creates the wave.....

IMG_2830.jpg

RiverRunner -

IMG_2847.jpg

Later we were playing with the pocket to see how long we could get it

Same set-up as the picture above with more speed

Same rider 5'-10" 165 lbs.

2009 Inland Surfer 4-Skim "Black Pearl" 4'-5" long board

Drool.gif Wow, that wave is unreal. Rockon.gif

I tend to believe in personal choice.

I try to have a safety meeting with anyone going out on my boat before going out for the day. Biggrin.gif

I try to have a safety meeting with anyone going out on my boat before going out for the day. Biggrin.gif

I do believe in in personal choice as well, my choice is everyone wears one period. Though no one has ever even thought of not wearing one so it hasn't been an issue. Just be prepared to suffer the tragic consequences for making that personal choice. A parent in my area wishes his son back every day because of not wearing a vest.

I gotta agree with ya on that one. I wear my jacket 99% of the time but I have gone out with one a few times. Sure there could be a freak accident where you fall and never come back up (as with that pro a few years ago) but you could also go your whole life without a problem. I always offer a vest but if you don't want to wear one (I have a friend that never wears his) I'm not going to make you. Obviously if you are not 18 you WILL be wearing a vest.