Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Biggest Wakesurf Wakes?

smedman

Wondering if anyone on the site has really dialed their 23LSV or 247 wakes...

Would love to see some pics....

We really want to upgrade from our VRide.... :)

post-5306-1216862816_thumb.jpg

This is all we have so far, but we are not heavy yet!

05 23lsv

mls full ( except non surf side)

wedge down

400 in rear locker

400 in side seat

3 people in boat one on the board.

11'ish mph,

Im pretty sure I've got on the largest goofy side waves on Lake Austin(so I've been told).

Here what i run on the goofy side on my 07 Wakesetter 23LSV.

-Fill MLS except the portside. So FULL starboard,center and front.

-Fly High Pro Series 750 lb in starboard vdrive lock.

-Fly High Pro Series 350 lb laid parallel with the boat on the seat behind the driver.

-Fly High Pro Series 350 lb on the starboard side floor, right next to the that on the seat.

-Wedge at max size IF you like a steep wave, IF NOT just leave the wedge up.

The rub rail should sit 2-3 inches from the water. When the rub rail is in the water you are money.

My waves stands 4ft tall and barrels like a mofo.

My wave is completely dialed, im not gunna fix what aint broke. Rockon.gif

Also, if i have passengers they sit on the starboard side as well.

Edited by factoryKITTED

Oh yeah. I typically set my cruise at 11.8 ,I prefer to keep eye on the tach in rough conditions, it should sit between 3100-3200 rpms.

Im pretty sure I've got on the largest goofy side waves on Lake Austin(so I've been told).

In that case I must come ride with you sometime soon! (if that's cool...)

Would LOVE to ride it! (please)

I'm having a hard time finding goofy riders on LA...

Where do you put in / usually ride? I'm off of Cuerny...

I dock down by Walsh. I think i saw ur boat last week...yellow/royal blue v-ride? Mines a Charcoal/Vapor Blue 23 LSV. I ride everywhere. We put the X2 in yesterday at Cuerny...

Edited by factoryKITTED
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I'm a new VTX owner. What is your optimal setup for your VTX to get that great wakesurf wake? And what speed?

I seem to get the best with: Full left, 3/4 centre, 1/2 front and Power Wedge at the 11 o'clock -- going about 9.8 to 10.4 mph.

What is your sweet spot?

Cheers,

Craig

Picture2006.jpg

its not a 247 or 23 but here is my vtx cut diamond. no cheating w/ the camera angle. rider is 5'10"

pigeon,

we run our VTX rider side rear full and center factory ballast, 800lb sack in locker and a 440lb sack under right seat. our boat is a manual wedge which in my experience being it floats it works better for surfing we run 11.2 -11.8 awesome wake allows us to ride 12 feet or so back

not using tricky angles for my pics....and definitely not the biggest it's ever been. I just wanted to get one up here....

Smed...let's figure out which day we should go this week. You still can't do Wed or Thur?

8xmxch.jpg

ohhh and FACTORYKITTED....this is fletch from the 360 board. Me, you and Smed all need to get out for some surf nights during the week.....I know a bunch of goofy riders, but we should all invite our non-rider friends so WE can get more shreddin' in....

Edited by atxfletch
not using tricky angles for my pics....and definitely not the biggest it's ever been. I just wanted to get one up here....

Smed...let's figure out which day we should go this week. You still can't do Wed or Thur?

Hey Fletch -- looks good man -- I'm dying to get on that wake! Weds afternoonish might work. I'll PM you

2008 Enzo SV240 with 1400 lbs. in the surf side enzo sac trim tab up and 8 people in boat.

IMG_2830.jpg

Holy Crap! Rockon.gif

I had the pleasure of meeting Ken and his wife this weekend and did a little surfing behind their boat. Holy crap is right! the wave behind that boat is a monster.

I wish i was a better reg side surfer so that i could have takin full advantage of it! For now im still a goofy side surfer.

2008 Enzo SV240 with 1400 lbs. in the surf side enzo sac trim tab up and 8 people in boat.

IMG_2830.jpg

Ken -- that is insane! Wow! Mind boggling!! Rockon.gif

Looks like you guys are coming around a turn, no?

Also, that looks like Lake Austin -- you didn't come to town without telling me did you? Mad.gif

IMG_2830.jpg

Ken -- that is insane! Wow! Mind boggling!! Rockon.gif

Looks like you guys are coming around a turn, no?

Also, that looks like Lake Austin -- you didn't come to town without telling me did you? Mad.gif

Nope, that is Ryan on Friday afternoon after practice, running in a straight line almost in front of Indian Lodge the weekend of the Texas Wakesurfing Championships. The train bridge is behind us, the pic was taken just about horizontal to the water/horizon.

IMG_2830.jpg

haha, that looks like photoshop. not doubting the pic, just kinda funny how huge that wake is. how long is the board? 4'0"? 4'6"? assuming the board's about 4'6" that looks like it could be a ~5 ft wake Rockon.gif

Edited by PDR447

2004 23' LSV diamond hull.

All factory ballast full except surf side rear.

900# sac in the surf side locker filled to top.

900# sac on the surf side seat.

8-85# sacs in bow surf side.

Six people in the boat. (VAB).

Wedge down.

Wakeboardboat180.jpg

Edited by DC-STRO

IMG_2830.jpg

haha, that looks like photoshop. not doubting the pic, just kinda funny how huge that wake is. how long is the board? 4'0"? 4'6"? assuming the board's about 4'6" that looks like it could be a ~5 ft wake Rockon.gif

Rider 5'-10" 165 lbs.

Phase5 Prop Dimensions: 54" x 20 1/2" x 3/4"

The original pic was reduced to 800 x 600 never shopped, it is real.