Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Gator Boards???? 136 vs 141

UteBu

So a local shop is going out of buisness and they have 3 Gator boards for what seems like a great price $125. Two of them are the same model in different sizes 136 or 141, (pro model with grooves and 2 removable aluminum fins on tip and tail) In the waist of the board it's completly flat. The other board is the Milita model with a single plastic fin on tip and tail. Does anyone have any experience with these models and brand?

My current ride is a CWB Phaze not sure of the size but it seems large probably a 141. I rode a buddys LF 134 (not sure what model) and loved it other than the bindings were way too small. The smaller lighter size made zipping around much more fun.

I am not doing any tricks yet but want to progress in that direction, I have the HS W2W down, the TS W2W almost down, and the TS 180 off the wake to fakey and then back again down. Right now I work on grabs and just getting more comfortable air time. Then will move on to 360 and eventually inverts.

I'm 6' tall 180 lbs.

i would say the 141 im 510 185 and when i ride my friends 3ds i thinks its a 135 i hate it.... you can ride both board and get good on them i just prefer the bigger board my sub 6 and 3ds are the bigger ones

Purely up to you, I am 6'2 190 and ride a Watson 138. In the past I was riding 141, 142. I didn't notice any difference. The smaller board will be easier to spin, or at least thats my theory. Go to Wakeworld and go to their wakeboard reviews and see if their are any weight suggestions between the two boards. Link below

http://www.wakeworld.com/getcompany.asp?co...=356&type=1