Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I want to replace my gauges.

Hi all

So My MMDC -1600 unit went out and from looking around I thought it was going to be around $250 to replace but it looks more like $450.

I have a 2000 escape wakesetter and want to put in PP StarGazer Wake in this looks to be $1200. This will solve my tach, speed, and I think but can't teel if it will track my hours. This leaves me with the need to somehow replace amps, oil pressure, fuel. I think that is it.

So instead of going back to the MDC that has problems I thought I would change and get PP that I want anyways.

Any thought about changing or getting the additional gauges that PP will not take care of? Is this dumb?

PPSGW will track your hours - entering them is part of the initial setup.

You also want an engine water temp gauge.

You should be able to find each of the gauges individually & rewire from the leads into the MMDC, but a problem you will have is matching the holes in your dash. That's 4 gauges to go into the 2 5" holes.

It would also like significantly reduce your resale value down the road.

PPSGW will track your hours - entering them is part of the initial setup.

You also want an engine water temp gauge.

You should be able to find each of the gauges individually & rewire from the leads into the MMDC, but a problem you will have is matching the holes in your dash. That's 4 gauges to go into the 2 5" holes.

It would also like significantly reduce your resale value down the road.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking about the 4 gauges into the two holes, I was wondering if anyone had done this, probably not. At the moment I don't see much resale value in boats. Everyone wants a screaming deal. (so at the moment not to concerned about that) I have found a much better price on the MMDC, but they are 3 weeks out. Helps to shop around. So I will probably replace the MMDC and pick up PPSG later. If anyone has answers to the 4 gauges into two holes I would like to know.

Thanks for the help.