Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High RPM Whistle

I purchased a new V Ride a few weeks ago. I paitently went through the breakin time. I took it out to the lake last week and finnaly had a chance to open it up. When I run it at 4000 rpm our more I get a whistle. My freind brought his couple year old Sunnsetter out and he has no whistle at the same speeds. There seems to be no performance issues,it runs real strong through out the rpm range. I read on other post about prop whistles. Would this be the same type of thing. The dealer is more than willing to look at it for me, I would like to have an idea of what it could be first. Other then this and learning some of the slow speed driving techniques of the v drive boat is great. This is our 2nd boat 1st was a 185 bayliner I/O so there is a bit of a learning curve. Thanks for any info.

Ron

Ron, i also got a new boat this year and i am getting a whistling noise coming from under the dash at speeds over 34mph. the pitch of the whistle changes with speed, turns and hitting rollers. it isnt an alarm but i believe its wind getting under a space under the windshield or hitting the speaker grills. Has anyone else had this problem?