Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Decal removal is not fun, but well worth it!

Malibu Marshall

Before and After Pic

NewBoat.jpg

DecalRemoved.jpg

Unfortunately there is no easy way to remove the decals off the side of your boat. They usually peeled off in little pieces no more than 5 inches or so. The decal peels of really clean and did not leave behind any sticky residue. It took me about 3 hours and a 6 pack of beer to get through the tedious task. But I think the end result was well worth it. I wanted to do it while the boat was still new so I wouldn't have to worry about there being a permanent fade mark around where the decal used to be. I like the super clean look of it and will probably leave it that way.

Looks SWEEEET! What an improvement! Malibu comes out with some very nice graphics but I have NEVER liked the RIDE ones. They've always looked very cheap to me. The boat looks hot, enjoy!

Very nice! Love the clean look!

My brother & I have done the same thing to several boats & trucks over the years. One thing you might try is using a hair dryer or a heat gun to help the adhesive to release a bit. We took the decals off my brother's XTI in a few minutes, and in one piece. Then you can clean up any residue with acetone or Goof Off, then wax the fiberglass.

I've even done this on an older Prostar with pretty good success. We wet sanded the transom a bit to get it to really look good. The clean look really made it look sweet in my book. And it's a clean slate for your own original graphics!

The Vride is going to get some treatment this winter. And then we'll start off next year with a new boat again!

MColdnew.jpg

Jakebeforeafter.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I like the naked look. Very clean. Thumbup.gif

" Apparently you haven't heard of using a hair dryer?? It might have saved you 2 hours. " Ya but what excuse do you use for the Beer.gif drinking Tease2.gif

Yeah, a heat gun and about an hour is all it took to remove mine. still need to get some pics without the stickers. I think it looks sweet!

+1 on the hair dryer.

I removed the RIDE sticker off the transom of my 07 V-Ride in about 5min.

I have been seriously thinking about removing the RIDE stickers off the side since the day I drove it off the showroom floor. I do not know what they were thinking on those either.

BUT. Have you seen the 09 Ride stickers? Even worse, looks like a 6 year old kid wrote ride with a fat crayon.