Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop for 96 VLX

redtuono

I’m looking for some advice on prop selection. I have a 96 VLX. My marina was so kind as to hit the prop on the rack cross bar as they put the boat in the rack. One of the blades is bent on the tip. It’s not too bad, but it’s going to need to be repaired. I plan on buying a spare prop so I’m not dead in the water while I work this out with the marina. I’m going out later in the week to pull the prop so I know what I currently have. I wake surf a lot so I probably want the new prop to be suited for maintaining 12-15 mph as well as wake boarding speeds. Top end isn’t as important.

Questions;

What brand, size, pitch props are other older VLX owners running?

Does anyone know what came stock prop on a 96 VLX?

What is the shaft size and rotation? I’ll know this later in the week when I pull it off. :)

Does anyone have a used prop that will fit for sale?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

I had the acme 537 and went with the OJ745. IMHO the OJ is all around a better prop. You hardly loose any top end compared to the 537 yet get a bunch more low end.