Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

One more proud dad...

SunriseH2OSkier

To which I said "OhhhhKayyy, if I hhhaavvvve to." Innocent.gifWhistling.gif

That sounds familiar. . .

Add my three-year-old to the ranks of the "skiers." He does deep water starts on a skimmer and cuts from side to side. Shocking.gifYahoo.gif

come on you gotta have some pics of this!!

Get this one, guys. My daughter started with skis, learning to slalom at age 8. Then decided to quit skiing and only wakeboard.Oops.gif That lasted for a summer and a half. Now she's gone back to skiing and only wakeboards if we make her demo the board for other kids. She's progressed big time over the last six weeks with her slalom skiing. She loves the course and has outskied the single from the combo set I had for her. One of the big dogs on our lake gave her a 20-year-old junior comp ski and she loves it. Tongue.gif She's hooked and she's only 11. Sweet. ;)

To which I said "OhhhhKayyy, if I hhhaavvvve to." Innocent.gifWhistling.gif

That sounds familiar. . .

Add my three-year-old to the ranks of the "skiers." He does deep water starts on a skimmer and cuts from side to side. Shocking.gifYahoo.gif

OK Got to know my 3 and 5 year old girls both ski the skimmer but I start them off the platform. Tried the deep water start with my 3 year old (see is the dare devil) but she couldn't get up. Seems like the handle rope is to long and lets here lay back to far and then she tries to stand but doesn't have the leverage to get back on top of the board. The rope might be a little long for her but I don't think its long enough to make a difference. Help.gif

Add my three-year-old to the ranks of the "skiers." He does deep water starts on a skimmer and cuts from side to side.  Shocking.gif  Yahoo.gif

That's impressive, Jack! Would love to see video. Might help me convince the Mrs. that our 3yr old should be able to try.

Does it count that my little baby wants to learn how to slalom? She's 17 now, but still my baby princess. We'll be up at Koppert for Labor Day weekend with a bunch of slalom skiiers eager to teach her how to slalom and lots of demo skis available.

Just had a great day on the water today! Got day 3 under my belt, but much more fun was my 3 year old Kyle wanting to try again today (some of you might recall he was ready about a month ago, but dad's pilot error scared him and was done for the day).

But today, he was really ready!

And Success!!!!!!

Haha, I know, the wake was big at that speed even with no Wedge or anything. A Diamond hull boat would have been much better, but it's all good. He was so impressed with himself. CarveItUp's 9-year old girl was in the boat at the time & was the motivation behind the attempt. ;)

CarveItUp's 9-year old girl was in the boat at the time & was the motivation behind the attempt.  ;)

Ah yes, playing the ol' male ego. Smoooooth! :)

It did nothing but help that she had beaten him to the punch & long-lined a couple of weeks earlier!

CarveItUp's 9-year old girl was in the boat at the time & was the motivation behind the attempt.  ;)

Ah yes, playing the ol' male ego. Smoooooth! :)

It did nothing but help that she had beaten him to the punch & long-lined a couple of weeks earlier!

True, but RJ has Elinor on the surf board by far! So, as usual, it's all good: they push each other, show off for each other, goof off for each other... :)