Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warning buzzer

I have a 2002 wakesetter. On the hour metter there is a horn flashing and the buzzer is going off but in short beeps. Any idea what i should check? I have good oil pressure and temp. checked trany fluids and all looks find. The buzzer is driving me crazy and no dealer close to me.

I bet it is your oil pressure SWITCH. To test, unplug the brown wire located just next to the oil filter. I bet the noise goes away. VERY easy fix, btw.

I have a 2002 wakesetter. On the hour metter there is a horn flashing and the buzzer is going off but in short beeps. Any idea what i should check? I have good oil pressure and temp. checked trany fluids and all looks find. The buzzer is driving me crazy and no dealer close to me.
I bet it is your oil pressure SWITCH. To test, unplug the brown wire located just next to the oil filter. I bet the noise goes away. VERY easy fix, btw.

and if its the monsoon, part number is S645006

Thanks I have ordered the part and will let you know if this fixes my problem. Love this board.

RTR

Thanks I have ordered the part and will let you know if this fixes my problem. Love this board.

RTR

Well my dealer got the pressure switch in and i replaced it and the horn still beeps, any other suggestions? Thanks so much for your help.

Ron

try removing the wire off of the oil sender itself (although I am not sure if they affects the horn too, or just the gauge).

Ron,

(Edit: Does your oil pressure gauge register a decent pressure? The Oil Pressure Sending unit goes to the gauge and so if your gauge is bouncing around and/or showing LOW pressure, this is usually the case)

Otherwise....

MY only other experience with the aforementioned BEEP noise is transmission temperature sensor. There are 2 atop the tranny, NOT easy to get too. My tranny temp was bad. The dealer determined by unplugging them until he found the bad one. Mine was the brass plug on the right, if your sitting in the boat looking at the tranny. Same test method as the Oil pressure switch, just unplug and see if the noise goes away. It is most like a sensor of some kind, b/c if it WERE a problem, chances are that the ECM would be throwing your into SAFE MODE.

Try unplugging the tranny temp sensor. :Dunno: I had to remove the ECM plate which has the throttle cable attached to it. It has two bolts that hold it on, just make sure the cable gets securely LOCKED in place, should you remove the plate to replace the sensor. Otherwise, when the motor starts and the Perfect Pass initiates, it pulls the throttle WIDE OPEN! Don't ask me how I know this...ROFL.gif

Good Luck!

Well my dealer got the pressure switch in and i replaced it and the horn still beeps, any other suggestions? Thanks so much for your help.

Ron

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV
Ron,

(Edit: Does your oil pressure gauge register a decent pressure? The Oil Pressure Sending unit goes to the gauge and so if your gauge is bouncing around and/or showing LOW pressure, this is usually the case)

Otherwise....

MY only other experience with the aforementioned BEEP noise is transmission temperature sensor. There are 2 atop the tranny, NOT easy to get too. My tranny temp was bad. The dealer determined by unplugging them until he found the bad one. Mine was the brass plug on the right, if your sitting in the boat looking at the tranny. Same test method as the Oil pressure switch, just unplug and see if the noise goes away. It is most like a sensor of some kind, b/c if it WERE a problem, chances are that the ECM would be throwing your into SAFE MODE.

Try unplugging the tranny temp sensor. :Dunno: I had to remove the ECM plate which has the throttle cable attached to it. It has two bolts that hold it on, just make sure the cable gets securely LOCKED in place, should you remove the plate to replace the sensor. Otherwise, when the motor starts and the Perfect Pass initiates, it pulls the throttle WIDE OPEN! Don't ask me how I know this...ROFL.gif

Good Luck!

Ron

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it this weekend. Your right the boat runs great and not putting me in safe mode. I was just in your part of the country yesterday Pine Bluff AR. Owner of my company live near sharenton and tells me about all the great lakes in AR.

Again thanks for the info will keep you posted.

Ron

Fuses...check your fuses. If you do a search on this subject, you will see that this is a very common problem and there are several things you could "trouble shoot."