Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Radar RS-1

tru-jack

what size do you need? I have a friend that's been a RTP skier for ever, bought a set of RS1's and couldn't adjust to the double boots. They appear to be in like new condition as of the last time I saw them.

I wear size 9.5 nike shoes, so I think I need a 10 or maybe squeeze into a size 9. I guess I'll try to find a pair locally to at least try on for size. Hate to mail order and get the wrong size, and since I'm north of the border, the shipping etc... does add up.

thanks

wait til next season, or at least try before you buy. they're still working on them from what I hear. should be the binder to beat though..

wait til next season, or at least try before you buy. they're still working on them from what I hear. should be the binder to beat though..

I have tried to find out if there are any changes, and according to radar they are not changing them, where did you hear they are being worked on? thanks

I have tried to find out if there are any changes, and according to radar they are not changing them, where did you hear they are being worked on? thanks

I was thinking the same thing.

I wear size 9.5 nike shoes, so I think I need a 10 or maybe squeeze into a size 9. I guess I'll try to find a pair locally to at least try on for size. Hate to mail order and get the wrong size, and since I'm north of the border, the shipping etc... does add up.

thanks

They run small, I wear 10 1/2 and my 11's needed to be molded a couple of times with toe caps to stretch them out.

heard the first generation plates were bending.. may have been remedied for newer batches.

true, they have had a thicker / .125" plater instead of the original .100" plate shipping since about June, and I understand that sending the thinner one to your dealer gets a free replacement to the thicker one.

heard the first generation plates were bending.. may have been remedied for newer batches.

true, they have had a thicker / .125" plater instead of the original .100" plate shipping since about June, and I understand that sending the thinner one to your dealer gets a free replacement to the thicker one.

My dealer just replaced my rear boot and the plate after a routine fall out the front at 32 mph resulted in the plate bending and the rear boot ripping off the plate. Yes, my dealer confirmed that the plate is being manufactured thicker, but they didn't have that one yet so I'm on a replacement thin version. My dealer was not surprised by the other issue with my bindings: the plastic tab that holds the end of the drawstrings together easily seperates. I tied a knot in the end as a replacement measure and it works fine.

I really wish Radar would have used the same mechanism on the lacing that they did with the Ronix boots. The RS-1 has the plastic tab with the center round piece that cinches down. The Ronix uses a great working quick release that would have been sweet on the RS-1's. Even with this, I very much like the bindings but would wait for them to work out the kinks if you can.