Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best deals on entry level wakeboards?

MalibuTime

Does anyone have suggestions for a place for killer wakeboard deals? I have been checking all of the usual suspects, but the prices -even discounted are all about the same. I am looking for an entry-mid level board, about a 135, with lace bindings (beginning wakeboarder - easier to get in and out) for no more than $300 all-in. Also, I do not want a board with the "V" running the full length. A lot of low end boards have this obviously for better tracking, but you can pretty much rule out ever spinning or butter slides.

These boards are all in the $$ range (w/bindings)-

Hyperlite Slate and Motive

CWB - Faze

Liquid Force Omega

I suspect we may be seeing some better season-end deals soon, as dealers try to push out their existing inventory, so I am hoping to get one more step up in the same budget range, just need to find the killer deal. That means probably 50%+ off. Thanks in advance.

craigs list. Usually have bindings on them. someone bought one and decided they did not like wakeboarding etc.

I like that better than ebay because you can meet someone and see the item before putting money down. Otherwise., ebay.

boardersbestbuy.com

They have a slingshoot set up that is very nice and you can pick it up for a major discount. Good guy that runs it too.

Actually go to boardersmall.com this is their full site. The above site is just their special of the day.

Edited by Hack

I just got a smokin' deal over the phone from Grizzley Sports in Seattle on a board and boot set up for my kids. Its last years stock but really unbelievable prices.

www.grizzly-sports.com

Call and talk to Mike.

Does anyone have suggestions for a place for killer wakeboard deals? I have been checking all of the usual suspects, but the prices -even discounted are all about the same. I am looking for an entry-mid level board, about a 135, with lace bindings (beginning wakeboarder - easier to get in and out) for no more than $300 all-in. Also, I do not want a board with the "V" running the full length. A lot of low end boards have this obviously for better tracking, but you can pretty much rule out ever spinning or butter slides.

CWB - Faze

Liquid Force Omega

I suspect we may be seeing some better season-end deals soon, as dealers try to push out their existing inventory, so I am hoping to get one more step up in the same budget range, just need to find the killer deal. That means probably 50%+ off. Thanks in advance.

Buywake.com check package deals for a smoking deal. If you need to call... talk to Ryan or Derek they will set you up with a nice Omega package for a good deal.

CWB - Faze

Liquid Force Omega

You have to check out EVOGEAR.com. Bought all my boards from them, haven't been able to beat their deals anywhere else. Plus you don't have to pay shipping if you go pick it up in seattle.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I may get the best deal by a little good ol' fashioned face-to-face negotiating. Fortunately Grizzley, Evo, Wileys and Adrenaline are all within a short drive.

I just got a smokin' deal over the phone from Grizzley Sports in Seattle on a board and boot set up for my kids. Its last years stock but really unbelievable prices.

www.grizzly-sports.com

Call and talk to Mike.

When you talk with Mike let him know your with the crew and say Hi for me.

www.grizzly-sports.com

Call and talk to Mike.

Just thought I'd update with my findings. Picked up a 140 Motive for $270 with Foundation bindings from Grizzly. This is what I was looking for. Not spend a fortune but get a good board for my son with bindings that are a bit easier to get into than what I have. A 134 would be the ideal length, but by the next year the 140 will be the perfect fit. Plus, he is good with the graphics, which is a very important aspect of board selection for a teenager.

http://www.grizzly-sports.com/

-Edit - Mike was out when I ordered.

http://www.grizzly-sports.com/details.php?id=00407

Edited by TheBlackPearl

www.grizzly-sports.com

Call and talk to Mike.

Just thought I'd update with my findings. Picked up a 140 Motive for $270 with Foundation bindings from Grizzly. This is what I was looking for. Not spend a fortune but get a good board for my son with bindings that are a bit easier to get into than what I have. A 134 would be the ideal length, but by the next year the 140 will be the perfect fit. Plus, he is good with the graphics, which is a very important aspect of board selection for a teenager.

<a href="http://www.grizzly-sports.com/" target="_blank">http://www.grizzly-sports.com/</a>

-Edit - Mike was out when I ordered.

<a href="http://www.grizzly-sports.com/details.php?id=00407" target="_blank">http://www.grizzly-sports.com/details.php?id=00407</a>

I ride the Motive and really like it...Just keep some slime to help get into thoes bindings... Other then that I have the same set up and enjoy it. Actually everyone that rides it, has liked it... My buddy has one of thoes boards from BIG 5 and he gets up faster on my motive then his own board..lol

Anyways, enjoy it...

"entry level wakeboards".... I would rather recommend a good wakeboard at a good price, not entry level. Perhaps you meant inexpensive? If a board is labeled entry level, it will help you get up but does not have much room for advancement. Get something that is at least intermediate and you'll find a whole lot more fun in the long run and less likely to go buy another board.

Ebay has a ton of last year's model for good prices. As someone else said, CL is a good place. Earlier this year I found a deal for a friend of mine on CL which was an 06 LF Substance for 75 dollars in mint condition. He had never wake boarded, but learned on this board, dropped the fins, and now this board has taken him all the way to trying his first back roll this past weekend. There are many other models to do the same.

Good luck.