Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HO Vengence Bindings

wedge88

I have a HO Vengence 67" with 2006 Venom Front Binding and rear toe plate. I would like to put a rear boot on this ski and I am not sure if I want the Venom. I have not rode the new Venom Bindings but I have mixed reviews about the existing one I have. What would be another option with similar mount pattern. What are you thoughts? I cannot decide if I want to add 2 new bindings or just the rear. I really do not want to put a lot of money out because I am still up in the air on the ski.

If someone offered to buy my existing ski I think I would move away from it as I have not been real comfortable on it but I am still adjusting settings as well. I typically can run the course at 28 off at 34 MPG but have only been able to tackle 3 at 28off.

What don't you like about the Venoms? They're essentially a softer version of the Animals, which several pros still use and love even with all the newer boots on the market. I'd look for a pair of Animal or Approach bindings on ski-it-again. If you don't like them, you can turn around and sell them again for about what you pay for them.

What don't you like about the Venoms? They're essentially a softer version of the Animals, which several pros still use and love even with all the newer boots on the market. I'd look for a pair of Animal or Approach bindings on ski-it-again. If you don't like them, you can turn around and sell them again for about what you pay for them.

I like the soft feel but the top half of the boot is 2 piece so if you tighten the laces the top rear rubs the high part of the ankle. It looks like the new Venom were modified so the rubber is one piece and you don't have to overlap the front and rear rubber at the top. Other than the ankle rub they are very comfortable fit and soft. Would the animal nad Approach mount the same? I may just try the newer venom and have unmatching bindings. If I don't like it I will sell it but if I do I may then switch the front.

I have heard a few bad things about the Venom's, however I know a lot of people who like them. My wife uses them and she is really sensitive to too tight / stiff bindings.

The animal and approach will mount the same way, but if you are comfortable with the Venom's, I would just buy the rear and don't worry about "matching"boots.

The animals are great but are really stiff in cooler water, the Approaches are totally differen't. Very comfortable once you get in them, but they really force you forward, which you will need to get used to.

I would think you could trim away some of the rubber if you're having to overlap them. I know on my XL Animals, the front and rear rubbers aren't close to overlapping when my foot is in them. I thought the Venoms were built to the same dimensions only using soffer durometer rubber.