Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

underwater LED's on eBay

ilovetrains

Your right, thanks I just bought them. Good luck in finding other ones... Biggrin.gif

Tongue.gif ...just kidding but this is what might happen when you post a link on ebay for which you are interested in... ;)

LOL - not too worried, they list them all the time. Besides, if someone gets them I will get some first hand knowledge of how they work out.

either I forgot how much the Malibu ones were, or the price came down. Oops.

I wonder how powerful the Malibu ones are in comparison.

either I forgot how much the Malibu ones were, or the price came down. Oops.

I wonder how powerful the Malibu ones are in comparison.

i am not sure if my math is right but the 1 amp malibu lights (by my math) are twice as bright as the 5 watt ebay lights.

tell me how you computed it, but when I looked the ebay ones were 6 bulbs at 5 watt each (which are huge LED's!). That is 30 watts per light.

Looks like their both more expensive than the factory lights I bought at our local dealer, CdA Yacht Club. Seems like I paid $240 after tax.

$139 at Banks per light, and you need two.

$145 per light on eBay, and I'd imagine you'd need two or more. $165 if you Buy It Now.

The install is very easy. 3 holes per light & run the wires. I tapped into the interior LED wiring the PO of my boat had installed, which is on one of the ACC switches on the dash.

Funny thing is how many fish they attract. I had thought they would be cool when out booze cruisin at night, maybe some skinny dippin, etc. But those lights attract the fish so well that no one wants to jump in!

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
tell me how you computed it, but when I looked the ebay ones were 6 bulbs at 5 watt each (which are huge LED's!). That is 30 watts per light.

googled a watt to amp calculator

Current (amp) x voltage (volts) = power (watts)

watts/voltage=current

Usually an LED only pulls a few 100 mA each but that has nothing to do on how much they light, just on how much they consume energy. I guess what would interest you is it's intensity which I beleive are measured in Lumens or candels... not sure.

Edited by 1FootDan
Looks like their both more expensive than the factory lights I bought at our local dealer, CdA Yacht Club. Seems like I paid $240 after tax.

$139 at Banks per light, and you need two.

$145 per light on eBay, and I'd imagine you'd need two or more. $165 if you Buy It Now.

The install is very easy. 3 holes per light & run the wires. I tapped into the interior LED wiring the PO of my boat had installed, which is on one of the ACC switches on the dash.

Funny thing is how many fish they attract. I had thought they would be cool when out booze cruisin at night, maybe some skinny dippin, etc. But those lights attract the fish so well that no one wants to jump in!

Your dealer must like you more!! Mine qouted 285 plus tax, would take 4-6 weeks to get them. Wow - that is more than Bakes online and they have them in stock. :unsure:

Does anyone have pictures from an install on their boats- ebay or not? All I can find are the professional pictures that would have you believing the entire lake shines when you turn them on...

Does anyone have pictures from an install on their boats- ebay or not? All I can find are the professional pictures that would have you believing the entire lake shines when you turn them on...

Heres mine on the Vride. I assume your looking for shots of the water behind the boat. I can't find mine yet but will post them when I do.

post-821-1217436113_thumb.jpg