Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust manifold bolts

Knowing that GM engines a notorious for loose exhaust manifold bolts, I checked mine today and found that they were quite loose. Using a torque wrench they were only tightened to 15 lb/ft. Specifications say they should be at 30 to 35 lb/ft. Each of the 16 bolts took about a half of turn to get back to spec.

interesting. i just replaced my manifolds and risers and it took me about 4 hours total to grind all the manifold bolts off that where corroded away and instantly rounded when i tried to remove them.

next time i will swap with you :)

Edited by jgouveia3

Put some Fel-Pro C5 anti seize lube on them. Never had a salt water seize problem using it. Makes prop removal easy too.

Put some Fel-Pro C5 anti seize lube on them. Never had a salt water seize problem using it. Makes prop removal easy too.

its got it on them now. unfortunate thing is they come from the factory with nothing on them. so if you wait until you need to replace them like i did, then you run into that problem...

• 1 month later...