Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Orange Stains on top of Trunk Vinyl

Take a look at the images below of yellow-orangish stains on the top of my trunk. This is the only place they appear on the boat. I haven't used any different cleaning solution on the trunk than the rest of the boat, so I doubt that is to blame. They appear a bit in the images to look like abrasions to the vinyl, but they are not, they are simply stains of some kind. I'm afraid to try anything stronger than Amorall Vinyl cleaner or 303, for fear it will make it worse. They do lighten up a bit when left in the sun, but never completly go away.

Help!!!!!!!!! Dontknow.gif

trunk1.JPG

trunk2.JPG

trunk3.JPG

Edited by spinxt

Why aren't my images showing up.....they were here an hour ago??

EDIT: Nevermind, the "Yahoo" Sever where the pics are is down.

Edited by spinxt

You could also try the magic eraser by Mr. Clean. http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/products/eras...tra_power.shtml You can get it at your local grocery store. Sometimes my cover leaves stains in the same place, although not orange, and I just use the magic eraser to quickly take it off. I keep one in the glove box because it comes it handy when kids are on the boat.

You could also try the magic eraser by Mr. Clean. <a href="http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/products/eras...tra_power.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/products/eras...tra_power.shtml</a> You can get it at your local grocery store. Sometimes my cover leaves stains in the same place, although not orange, and I just use the magic eraser to quickly take it off. I keep one in the glove box because it comes it handy when kids are on the boat.

MY BOAT GUY SAYS THOSE ARE FROM THE BOAT BEING WET AND COVERED WITH A BLACK COVER AND BAKING THE VINYL SO NEXT TIME GET A GRAY ONE AND IT WONT DO THAT SO HE SAYS!!

Edited by Group Therapy

I'm on my 3rd boat with a dark blue or black cover & have not had these stains.

I'll assume that your talking about the 2000 Response listed in your profile. My brother has an 03 XTI & had an issue where the adhesive was showing thru the vinyl. The factory warrantied his entire interior because of it.

I'm not sure if what years the problem happened but it would be worth a trip to your dealer to ask about it.