Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Power Wedge Problem -- Sticks

I have a 2008 wakesetter LSV.

The power wedge sticks now -- 40 hrs on the meter. You can hear the actuators trying to move, but the wedge doesn't move. If i nudge it with my foot, it will then move.

Any other 2008's with this issue?

The power wedge sticks now -- 40 hrs on the meter. You can hear the actuators trying to move, but the wedge doesn't move. If i nudge it with my foot, it will then move.

I believe you need to calibrate the PW, this calibration should be performed every time you disconnect the battery or switch it to the off position.

I believe you need to calibrate the PW, this calibration should be performed every time you disconnect the battery or switch it to the off position.

How do you do that?

Ours gave out this last weekend, and I think our had to do with the speedo not working for a bit. I went to put it down and stopped half way, then the speedometer stopped working, pulled the boat out of the water, disconnected the wedge and tied it up tried to run it in RPM mode when all of sudden the speedometer started working again. We also had one of the rams brake, the rear electrical cap came off and you could see lots of corrosion and rust like it had been leaking for a while and letting water in. So I'm not sure what the problem really is, need to take into the dealer Cry.gif I hope it doesn't take long to fix!

How do you do that?

Go to the setup screen, I think it is the third menu item down, don't recall what it is, then select wedge, then you hit calibrate up or down nd it flashes while you run the wedge all the way up or down then press (I think E) again and it says done. If your wedge is stuck, not sure what you will get, since the calibration assumes the wedge is going all of the way down (or up) to calibrate.

How do you do that?

Scroll on your screen to Setup and press E then Service and press E and then to Power wedge and Press E and then to Calibrate and then E. Make sure the wedge is all the way down and do that by visually inspecting that its down while sitting on the plat form. When the PW is all the way down and your in the calibrate screen u'l find Down written and then underneath it Up.

First start with the down cal. by highlighting the down on the screen and pressing E for 2 seconds and then E again, it will then say DONE.

Now go up to 1 mph and raise the PW from the panel but make sure that its all the way up by visually looking at it and do not depend on the PW gauge yet. When its all the way up highlight the UP on your screen and then press E and leave it for 2 sec and then E again, it will say DONE.

Now you have a calibrated PW, you will have to do this process every time you disconnect or switch off the Battery.

Good Luck.

• 10 months later...

How do you do that?

Scroll on your screen to Setup and press E then Service and press E and then to Power wedge and Press E and then to Calibrate and then E. Make sure the wedge is all the way down and do that by visually inspecting that its down while sitting on the plat form. When the PW is all the way down and your in the calibrate screen u'l find Down written and then underneath it Up.

First start with the down cal. by highlighting the down on the screen and pressing E for 2 seconds and then E again, it will then say DONE.

Now go up to 1 mph and raise the PW from the panel but make sure that its all the way up by visually looking at it and do not depend on the PW gauge yet. When its all the way up highlight the UP on your screen and then press E and leave it for 2 sec and then E again, it will say DONE.

Now you have a calibrated PW, you will have to do this process every time you disconnect or switch off the Battery.

Good Luck.

So now I have a question. I have a 07 waksetter lsv and I was wondering when I go to setup and power wedge I do not see a calibrate. I see a na or present. I am having a similar issue after I jump started at the beggining of the season. Except instead of being stuck down it says its down but it is actually up. I was wonderinging if you have to be in the water with your boat started to get this option? If not how would I go about getting to calibrate on my boat?

How do you do that?

Good Luck.

So now I have a question. I have a 07 waksetter lsv and I was wondering when I go to setup and power wedge I do not see a calibrate. I see a na or present. I am having a similar issue after I jump started at the beggining of the season. Except instead of being stuck down it says its down but it is actually up. I was wonderinging if you have to be in the water with your boat started to get this option? If not how would I go about getting to calibrate on my boat?

yea i would love help with this too, same exact problem. so frustrating because surfing just isnt the same.

• 4 weeks later...

How do you do that?

Good Luck.

Where you see the n/a or present options you mentioned above, highlight present. You have to tell the system that you have a power wedge. Now the calibrate options will appear.

I still have a problem with the wedge getting stuck in full down position.

Thanks for any suggestions. Jeff