Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV Mirror...

bmontini

Hey, I did something stupid today, and dropped my mirror for my boat. it took a bad bouce and landed glass first on my kneeboard "hook" and shattered.

The back of the mirror says CIPA, and I checked their catalog, but couldn't find a replacement.

Anyone know where to get one of these? It is the one that mounts to the driver windshield, on a chrome post and has the square peg through chrome bracket... I know my dealer could get it, but I wanted to just order online...

Any thoughts?? Pics below of the one I need

BTW, I was surprised to see that this wasn't safety glass. I have hundreds of glass shards on and in my carpet now... It was more of a cheap plate glass with mirror coating on it... Surprising....

Thanks.

Brian

post-3854-1216821570_thumb.jpg

post-3854-1216821574_thumb.jpg

Edited by bmontini
you didn't want that one any way. Get a samson instead.

I would... but I lost my job last week. No extra money except for the essentials... We have cut back a lot of things just so that we can still use the bu... (Dang $4 gas...)

you didn't want that one any way. Get a samson instead.

I would... but I lost my job last week. No extra money except for the essentials... We have cut back a lot of things just so that we can still use the bu... (Dang $4 gas...)

Call CIPA and they will send you just the glass for a reasonable price, instead of replacing the whole mirror.

Call CIPA and they will send you just the glass for a reasonable price, instead of replacing the whole mirror.

Dang it... CIPA only can replace glass if it is the 7x14 with rubber gasket surround...

Thanks for the tip though! it was worth the phone call. I also told them that a boat mirror should be made of safety glass... since I had them on the phone

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, I did something stupid today, and dropped my mirror for my boat. it took a bad bouce and landed glass first on my kneeboard "hook" and shattered.

The back of the mirror says CIPA, and I checked their catalog, but couldn't find a replacement.

Anyone know where to get one of these? It is the one that mounts to the driver windshield, on a chrome post and has the square peg through chrome bracket... I know my dealer could get it, but I wanted to just order online...

Any thoughts?? Pics below of the one I need

BTW, I was surprised to see that this wasn't safety glass. I have hundreds of glass shards on and in my carpet now... It was more of a cheap plate glass with mirror coating on it... Surprising....

Thanks.

Brian

If you find a good deal on a Samson, let me know. I want to get one too.

bmontini,

Nice looking boat. But I am partial to it since my 07 has the same color scheme. i have a 2007 Avalanche too. Nice set up!!!

Edited by barefooth20skier