Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suggestions for boating/camping in the NW?

Urquie

We are always looking for a new favorite lake for a weeks worth of camping and boating. Used to do Priest Lake which got too busy so headed east to Seeley Lake in Montana. Its getting busy there now so hoping to find somewhere new for next week. Since we have three kids, we like a nice campground with a great sandy beach for the kids (and the 'Bu). Nice if it can handle a 37' rv too so the grandparents can join us. Anyone have some favorites ideally between Spokane and Calgary that is not super crowded and always booked to capacity with online reservations? A couple others we have enjoyed in the area are Moyie, Monroe, and Premier Lake in BC. We have checked out Holland, Swan and others in the Seeley/Swan area but campgrounds were not ideal. Heard Placid might be a good skiers lake but had a gravel beach?

Let me know what you think or if you want info on any of the lakes we have explored.

I'd suggest Windy Bay on Lake CdA.... great riding & fun to explore the chain of lakes east of Harrison. But you won't be getting any RV in there.

How about FishHook or Charbonneau on the Snake river on the way down to the TriCities on 395.

Thanks Bill. We are headed to Windy Bay in an hour to check it out. I think I will try the launch at Sunup Bay but recall it being very crowded and hard to find room to park the trailer last time. Might be safer to head down to Heyburn and boat up.

Yea, parking is a drag at Sunup. You should have a great time at Windy though. I've even considered dropping the boat in in Post Falls & riding all the way out.