Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 MasterCraft Website Up

Matt_Alger

I saw the '09 MasterCraft website is up. It makes me look forward to seeing the '09 Malibu website and reminds me why I so much like my VTX! MasterCraft makes great boats, but Malibu just fits me better.

I couldn't really tell what MC big innovation was for the year or what their new boats were. Anyone have some ideas on what these are? What is new on the MC front?

• 1 month later...
have you seen the build it page when you get to choose the engine

it even plays the sound of the engine on the trailer and in the water

That is pretty cool I must say. Gives you goose bumps listening to the power.

I am a big fan of pre 95 Mastercrafts, then to me they fell off. And now I feel like they are back at making great performing, and looking boats, they are really put together well. I don't have any intention of getting rid of my bu, but if I did I would definately and seriously consider a 197. It is a great boat.

My Echelon still has a lot of life left in her though

I am a big fan of pre 95 Mastercrafts, then to me they fell off. And now I feel like they are back at making great performing, and looking boats, they are really put together well. I don't have any intention of getting rid of my bu, but if I did I would definately and seriously consider a 197. It is a great boat.

My Echelon still has a lot of life left in her though

Plus1.gif For all out slalom, the 197 is a nice boat.

But you can get much more out of a response, tower and wedge for your average everyday family plus have the best of both worlds if your not that much into wakeboarding.

What is funny is that you don't see many 197 with towers, but you do see lots of response's with them on because they make a half decent wake for a beginner :)

Edited by 68Slalom

The 100 or so TT boats they make each year are all the same colors, for that year. The black looks nice but I wouldn't want to try to keep that thing clean. I would love to see an old school stars and stripes option some day, that would probably force me to make the switch if they could do that. Even for an upcharge.

There is a guy locally that basically made his own version of the Stars and Stripes on his 2005 Prostar 197. Star decals came from the 2003 35th Anniversary model. It actually looks very nice

Well now that Penskie owns MC it will be interesting to see what they do. What is funny to me is how much that boat bow lifts when pulling a surfer.

pic46959.jpg

08MC190TT Nightmare. Its even #13. I like black, but not like this.

I was at a competition the other day and they had two 197 TT boats there. This isn't what it looked like. The boat was black, but the stickers on the sider were also solid black but "dull" instead of shiny like the gelcoat so you could see it. They both said Mastercraft Tournament Team and they were both numbered (x of 100) near the throttle. Both boats had PP Stargazer and Zero off.