Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ECU warning

ADDICTED2WAKE

Has anybody had this warning? I had it a couple weeks ago and basically lost my center display gauge features (time, speed, oil pressure, etc). 07 V-Ride.

I turned it off and back on and everything appeared to work ok, but just wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows what it means...

check the "cannon plug" most likely has water in it. I would spray a little wd40 in the plug and your problems should go away.

Plug is a big round thingy near the v-drive unit.

Had the same thing happen one week ago on 07 lsv.

Did like you. Shut engine off and re-started. Problem went away.

Possibly something to do with 07 boats and lunar phases?

check the "cannon plug" most likely has water in it. I would spray a little wd40 in the plug and your problems should go away.

Plug is a big round thingy near the v-drive unit.

johnsvt can you give me a little more detail? I see a few big roundy thingy near the v-drive unit...

thank you much

I haven't had the problem since, but I want to make sure if it does happen again I'll take a look in there....

On your motor, it should be port side toward the bow. Round electrical harness plug, held in place by a clamp. ~1 1/2" diameter.

My 07 starting getting this error this weekend, but it wouldn't just go away by turning it off. All engine stats were not working. I think it has to be a loose connection. Sometimes I couldn't get it to reset and would just keep going and it would eventually start working, sometimes stopping again. I know of 3 boats that have started having this problem just this last week.

I looked for a single big plug, but only found three smaller square plugs. Are one of these the plugs? Is there two computers on this boat, one in the front that runs the gauges?

Edited by calilsv