Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibus at Banks Lake - NW Fly-In 2008

Bill_AirJunky

We had a great time at the 2008 NW Fly-In last weekend. Any foil rider in the NW who doesn't make these events just isn't going to learn as much riding on your own all summer long. We had numerous first tricks, first inverts, and first rides. Plus the guys at SkySki & Foil-n.com gave away a coupon to a lucky new rider so he can buy a new ski for a measly $500.

I ran across some surfin big air pics this morning, had a little laugh, inspired me to throw these up. Banks is a gorgeous lake with temps in the mid 70s & glassssss every day. And we had a number of Malibus there pullin some riders getting huge air.

_DSC0358.jpg

_DSC0047.jpg

_DSC0319.jpg

_DSC0303.jpg

Very nice pictures, what a beautiful lake. The lakes look so different in Arkansas (ours our pretty as well), It is neat to see the difference.

Great pics Bill! I wanted to head out for the weekend but ended up in Chehalis for a funeral. :(

Edited by Urquie

Bill, did Curleymon have the new tricked out VTX over there? Love to see some pics of that boat on the water. If you did see the boat what'd you think of it and all the little custom things he did?

Thanks for the pics

Yea, I did get to see & drive Curley's new VTX...... very nice. Unfortunately this is the only pic I ended up with.

The galvanized & painted trailer is sweet. I loved the Boat Buddy on it. The new throttle took me by surprise but wasn't any big deal to get used to. The wake was awesome, even with only 4 people in the boat. Gotta love the billet AirJunky logos. And the new vinyl is cool too....... even if they do look like they say "AirTurkey". Whistling.gif

post-821-1216338988_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Temps in the mid 70's??? Do you mean air temperature? When I was at Banks Lake (Steamboat Rock) last year for Labor Day, I recall the lake was very cold!!! What was the water temperature? I do agree the area is very beautiful...

Temps in the mid 70's??? Do you mean air temperature? When I was at Banks Lake (Steamboat Rock) last year for Labor Day, I recall the lake was very cold!!! What was the water temperature? I do agree the area is very beautiful...

Water temps at Steamboat Rock were in the mid 70s. Air temps were in the high 80s - high 90s.

Water temps down by Coulee Playland & the dam were in the high 60s.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
Awesome I'll be there the last weekend this month.

Have fun, if you're camping, be sure to load up on Mosquito repellant. Not sure how they are now, but they were the thickest I have ever seen them at the State Park at the end of June.

Nice pics, BP. I think I know where that little cove is...... east end of the main part of the lake, across from Steamboat Rock? We saw that & commented that it looked like a cool place to setup camp.

Yea, the mosquitos were a drag. I had a big citronella candle & one of those Thermcell mosquito repellent things lit morning, noon & night..... and still got eaten up.

Looks like we have a chance to go back to Banks next weekend, July 25th - 27th. We'll be in one of the houses though, #801, right by the main road into the place, across from the lodge. Stop by & say hello if you see us.... there will be no mistaking the boat or who it is. Whistling.gif

post-821-1216360327_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
Awesome I'll be there the last weekend this month.

Have fun, if you're camping, be sure to load up on Mosquito repellant. Not sure how they are now, but they were the thickest I have ever seen them at the State Park at the end of June.

No camping here, I rented one of the houses there... Did the same last year 5 bedrooms 2 bathrooms it should be a blast.

Nice pics, BP. I think I know where that little cove is...... east end of the main part of the lake, across from Steamboat Rock? We saw that & commented that it looked like a cool place to setup camp.

Yea, the mosquitos were a drag. I had a big citronella candle & one of those Thermcell mosquito repellent things lit morning, noon & night..... and still got eaten up.

Looks like we have a chance to go back to Banks next weekend, July 25th - 27th. We'll be in one of the houses though, #801, right by the main road into the place, across from the lodge. Stop by & say hello if you see us.... there will be no mistaking the boat or who it is. Whistling.gif

I won't be there until the 31st but will be in one of those houses to. If you're still there I'm gonna have to check out your skyski skills.

[i won't be there until the 31st but will be in one of those houses to. If you're still there I'm gonna have to check out your skyski skills.

Well, damn. We'll be gone Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy while your there. We sure have.

[i won't be there until the 31st but will be in one of those houses to. If you're still there I'm gonna have to check out your skyski skills.

Well, damn. We'll be gone Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy while your there. We sure have.

Thanks you to. Leave me some good weather and some butter when you leave ok Thumbup.gif .

Just got back, was there the 5th through the 9th, then went to Chelan from the 9th through the 13th.

You can't beat Banks though!

Anyone know where to find some nice sandy beaches on Banks that would be good for the kids to play on and make sand castles? We might head out there tomorrow morning.

Anyone know where to find some nice sandy beaches on Banks that would be good for the kids to play on and make sand castles? We might head out there tomorrow morning.

Steamboat Rock. There is a park with facilities. If you boat around the tip (or walk the trail to the other side) you will find a bunch of sandy beach.

Steamboat Rock. There is a park with facilities. If you boat around the tip (or walk the trail to the other side) you will find a bunch of sandy beach.

The top picture I posted is at the beach around the other side of Steamboat rock. The beach is off the pic to the right. It is very shallow, so you have to park about 100' out (hits me mid-thigh there) the next one down is about 200 yards from the Statepark campground launch. There is alot of beach w/in one mile of the launch.