Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion X racks

Sandaholic

I have done tons of searches on racks and read alll the post but still have a few questions. I am taking delivery of a 2007 with an Illusion X and need to get some racks for it. What I want is one rack for wakeboards and one rack for waterskis, both with spinners. I think I narrowed it down to three brands. Titan, Metcraft and Skylon. The Skylon S plate system caught my eye although I have not read one review of them. Is anybody using them? I can find the Skylon and Titan racks for sale online so I can compare prices but I can't find the Metcraft racks for sale online. Are they only sold at the Bu dealers? Any dealers have the best price? I like the swing system on the Metcraft, it seem to incorporate a lift oft feature. Any other opinions?

Edited by Sandaholic

The Illusion X Spinners are separate from their other lines. They look and behave differently. Do a search for Titan Spinner on the site and you'll find some pictures. I would echo Greg's sentiment. I love my Spinner's and wouldn't trade them for the Metcrafts ever.

Here is a video from an earlier post of the Spinner in action. You can see how they look and perform.

Edited by jshap

I took a closer look at the Titan Spinners, I believe the ones in the video are the DL-X racks. Do they have any rubber protection between the wakeboard and the chrome forks? I know that they also make the Lowrider with the spinner and it has the forks coated in all rubber. Titan Racks

Newbie question... can the tower be folded down with the titan spinner racks rotated inwards for tight garage clearance?

I took a closer look at the Titan Spinners, I believe the ones in the video are the DL-X racks. Do they have any rubber protection between the wakeboard and the chrome forks? I know that they also make the Lowrider with the spinner and it has the forks coated in all rubber. Titan Racks

Newbie question... can the tower be folded down with the titan spinner racks rotated inwards for tight garage clearance?

I actually have a pair of the titan spinner racks that I would like to sell. I am pretty sure they are the DL-X racks, and they do have rubber inserts to protect boards. I purchased them along with my 2007 VTX, and due to the height of my garage door, I have to take the racks off the tower mount bracket each time I store the boat. I personally love the functionality and looks of the racks, but hate that I have to take them off every time-even though it is only 2 screws per rack. I have only used them 5-6 times, so they are in good/nearly new condition. Bakesonline.com has them for over $1,300 retail, but I would be willing to part with mine for $1,100. Email [email protected] if interested-I can get some pics.

I just bought the Titan DL-X spinner racks for my Illusion X over the 4th of July weekend. They seem to work well and look great.

BUT, Be aware, Titan engineered these things based on an Illusion tower they had at Titan. So, they made the specs real tight. While Metcraft, is a little looser on there tolerances. The hole locations on the Metcraft towers are all a little off tower to tower since they use a drill template. Titan acknowledges this. Yet, yet they didn't build in any "fluff" factor. Crazy.gif

On my tower, the Racks will not fit on the upper set of holes. The spinner bottom cover hits the tower. And, they just barely fit on the lower holes. The initially told me the racks were only designed for the lower holes, but backed off that statement when I told them that all of the boats at the dealer had them mounted in the upper holes.

I've been talking to Titan about this. They should just be able to tweak the program in the CNC and move the cutout in the baseplate over 3/8" and all would be good. I'm just not sure if they will do it. Still waiting for an answer.

I don't really like the racks in the lower position, so if a fix isn't coming, I'll take them back to the dealer.

My backup pair of racks might be the Skylon spinners. I played with on at the show last year and they were pretty nice, just not as "bling" as the Titan.

Stay away from the Metcrafts!

Ah yes, I didn't even realize they had a name away from Illusion Spinners since the Titan site still doesn't show the rack...:)

And, as far as the rubber inserts go, yes, they are there. Mine are coming out at the moment and need to be reglued, but they work just fine.

Yes, I have them on the top mount of the VTX and no problem spinning them in and putting the tower down.