Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge question

I was looking for some info on wedges and was wondering what year they started using the floating wedge? Also the power wedge which i believe is used now is that able to be put in more then one position. I have the manual wedge and as far as I know its either up or down.

I was looking for some info on wedges and was wondering what year they started using the floating wedge? Also the power wedge which i believe is used now is that able to be put in more then one position. I have the manual wedge and as far as I know its either up or down.

I believe the floating wedge was introduced in 2007. The power wedge is adjustable to more than one position while under way. It makes a significant difference in wake size, but it's biggest change is the lip it adds to the top of the ramp. You are right, the manual wedge prior to the floating wedge is either all up or all down.

Some have had problems with the power wedge actuator arms not doing their jobs. I guess it's like anything else mechanical, the more complex, the more likely to have problems. I've been fortunate and mine has worked great from the start. I'm a big proponent of the power wedge, it's great to adjust it depending on the rider. I also like the fact it can be done with a switch at the helm, I guess I"m just lazy!

Alright thanks for the info. NO you are not lazy i only wish that I had the power wedge on my boat i hate goign through the swim platform and putting it up or down. I wish I could have it in different positions to see the difference in the wake shape.