Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Filling drill holes in skis

MalibuNation

MalibuNation

What do you use ... if anything ... to fill existing drill holes if the new boots don't match up to the existing holes.

The nice thing about this drop ski ... for guest ... is it's mostly white on top and orange on the bottom which is much easier to see in the water than black skis.

I still have some old timers who like to drop.

Thanks

MalibuNation

I was thinking super glue or liquid nail or some epoxy of some sort ... not sure how they would handle water and a little flexing.

You could fill it mostly with epoxy and use gel coat on the top layer, you can just about match the color if your concerned about that :)

Gorilla Glue and small dowel pegs, or an epoxy if you prefer. I'd fill the holes with some type of material instead of just silicone, glue, etc.

I've done this many times, and always used a two part epoxy in the past. However, I just tried Gorilla Glue on my trick ski as I changed a binding and so far so good (couple of months ago)...Simpler not to have to mix up the epoxy, and it usually takes a while to get the air bubbles out and filled completely, causing the epoxy to harden prematurely at times. With the Gorilla Glue, it also expands 3-4 times its initial volume as it dries.

I've done this many times, and always used a two part epoxy in the past. However, I just tried Gorilla Glue on my trick ski as I changed a binding and so far so good (couple of months ago)...Simpler not to have to mix up the epoxy, and it usually takes a while to get the air bubbles out and filled completely, causing the epoxy to harden prematurely at times. With the Gorilla Glue, it also expands 3-4 times its initial volume as it dries.

and any water residue left in the holes will help the gorilla glue cure!

MalibuNation

and any water residue left in the holes will help the gorilla glue cure!

Thanks folks ... I know it's comon to do this, just never paid attention to what is used. Looks are important to me and I have some Gorilla Glue.

Most of the old timers try to get up on one ski and can't, get up on 2 and decide decide to not drop after all. :blush: