Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what size buss circuit breaker behind battery

So what size do you have.Mine is located between the battery and the transom, mounted to the floor.Mine is bad and i can only find the 100amp.Ive found another manufacturer that has a 50amp but its up to 45v the one i have is 30v.I dont know if this will matter or not so iam curious if they are all 50amp 30v.

I have a vdrive so Iam not sure where it would be on a dd.It goes between the battery and the dash power wires

Thanks

Adam

Edited by apwrx
So what size do you have.Mine is located between the battery and the transom, mounted to the floor.Mine is bad and i can only find the 100amp.Ive found another manufacturer that has a 50amp but its up to 45v the one i have is 30v.I dont know if this will matter or not so iam curious if they are all 50amp 30v.

I have a vdrive so Iam not sure where it would be on a dd.It goes between the battery and the dash power wires

Thanks

Adam

I've got an 80 amp on mine.

Well it seems they are all different.thanks for the info anyhow,i found a little different style the same amp rating though so i should be good.

I would suggest checking for corrosion from time to time.On mine once it failed i got no power to anything on the boat.I suppose you could bypass it short term but i was afraid of causing a bigger problem once i tried starting.It was $50 for a new one.I also bought another $8 non waterproof no reset button for a spare just in case.

Adam