Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Perfect Pass software

Faceplant409

The new 6.5N allows you to input up to 8 names and pull characteristics (speed, kdw, etc) It is supposed to be compatible with paddle wheel (newer) systems. Retro cost is $65.00.

Perfect Pass

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm wondering if it is a worthwhile upgrade... My '05 came with 6.5 but not the N.... What do you think? How is the User Interface for this? Is it very difficult to use?

JZ

We just bought PP and it came with the N release. The only difference is the ability to store pre-sets and give them names. I think it will be nice but I'm not sure I'd pay a bunch to get it. Depends on how many different skiers/riders you have and how hard you think it is to change the settings.

We pull a lot on the CA Delta, which is tidal. We are usually within a couple of mph, but sometimes with the tides/wind we need to make adjustments. So to me, it would be a waste of $$. :2cents:

Edited by stewart

My '05 also came with the 6.5N, with the quicklist feature. I think it rocks, but I never used a previous version, so I can't tell you how life would be without it! :)

I have four entries so far, "Boomer" (me) @ 21 mph, "Angi" (wife) at 16 mph, "Ryan" (son) at 22, and "Surfing" at 10 mph, pretty self explanatory.

Boomer can you describe the key presses and different displays involved from the time you turn on the boat to select a user and then go? How about setting up a new user?

Thanks!!!

JZ

Can you set the speed and KDW for each? I have found when I run without ballast, the boat is very "nervous" and it would be nice to tune up the KDW

-Troy

Can you set the speed and KDW for each?  I have found when I run without ballast, the boat is very "nervous" and it would be nice to tune up the KDW

-Troy

According to the PP site you can set speed/KDW per name.

When you turn on the boat, just watch the PP screen as it goes through its initial boot sequence. You will see the version "v6.5" or whatever your version is.

JZ

I had them change the software from 6.5 to 6.5n before I took delivery. Tried it out Sunday and it seemed more for the slalom skier then the wakeboarder. All I have found is that you have a set starting speed or rpm to go by for wakeboarding, in slalom mode you have the speed, weight and KX setting. You hit the menu and up arrow then the Quick list comes up and you can scroll through the name and either edit or enter and go right to the setting for that name. Have mine set with both ski and wakeboard settings. Have a 6.5 chip if any ones looking to upgrade extra cheep.

I can't remember the exact keystrokes, still trying to memorize it myself, but basically you hit two keys together, then up/down to scroll through the names. You hit a different keystroke to setup new users, but unfortunately I don't have the manual and I can't remember off hand.

I'm still at the point of carrying the user's guide in the boat and looking at it often, heh. I've never owned PP before.

I was amazed that my VLX came with the 6.5N sofware. According to the PerfectPass web site it was released like the same week my boat was manufactured. I'm guessing OEM's get the stuff early or something.

I like the quicklist for other drives of the boat. When my wife drives, she just dials in me, or my son, whomever is riding and takes off. So easy.

I have a 2002 boat, how do you upgrage PP and besides the rider section would I see any improvments form the upgrade?

Have a 6.5 chip if any ones looking to upgrade extra cheep

How much.

This sounds like it could be useful if you have a number of different riders or surfers. I'm looking forward to picking up my boat soon and am hoping it has the "N" version. When did the 2005's start shipping with the "N" upgrade to the 6.5 version? And if mine doesn't have it, is this something the dealer can upgrade for me at delivery at n/c?

If your still haven't taken delivery of your '05, it will likely have it.

My boat started production on Feb. 17 (merced), and it had the 6.5N firmware. I was amazed, because PP only announted it like 2 days earlier.

Boomer is rigth, Malibu seems to get the new stuff fast, and unless you are very unlucky and the pile is low and they grab an old model from it you should be set.